Overdrive Stomps RIDICULOUSLY LOUD = UNUSEABLE?

• Let me clearly state that if the clean sense is set right, then activating a distortion pedal does not cause a surprising volume jump.
    With analog equipment this is handled by the stomps volume.
    On th Profiler this is not necessary, once the clean sense is set.
    The stomp volume is still available for a dedicated solo boost etc.
    The Profiler is designed to produce a unity volume across various situations, when clean sense is set right and the other bipolar volumes are set to their middle position. Depending in the situation, and because situations and guitars are individual, levels might need 2 or 3 dB of adjustment.

The gain into the stomps are also like on the original, I have tested this quite some times.

If somebody has still problems of this kind, please post here.

• ok, i just experienced the volume spike. it only happened on one profile I tested. I will upload it later, but it is a slightly modified version of the "5150BLOCK" rig. I put a Green Scream in front, turn Drive to 0, Tone to 0, Volume to -5 and turn Clean Sense to -12 db. The Gain on the profile was pretty saturated by default, so I turned it back to get more of a crunch feel. Turning on the Green Scream made the tone cleaner but much louder. As I turned the Green Scream volume up, the sound gets lower and lower as it gets more and more distorted. I also tried a Clean Sense of 0 and -4 (my usual setting) db. It clearly had an effect on volumes, but the volume with the stomp on was clearly louder.

FWIW, if I used the Green Scream like I normally would on the patch, with everything at 0, and the rig with the default gain of full saturation, the effect on the tone and level was completely as expected. It just made the distortion a bit tighter.

Now I tried to replicate the issue on another rig, 6505 Crunch+ I think it's called. This time the Distortion worked as expected - no volume spike. I tested all the same exact settings - everything sounded exactly as expected - like a real amp and stomp box.

So it seems the issue may be rig specific. As I do more research I'll try to find a pattern. I don't have a USB stick, so I can't upload the patch, but I'll send it to the support email address when I get home tomorrow.

I am on 2.2.0 firmware.

• So it seems the issue may be rig specific. As I do more research I'll try to find a pattern. I don't have a USB stick, so I can't upload the patch, but I'll send it to the support email address when I get home tomorrow.

I am on 2.2.0 firmware.

Yes, some odd profiles behave differently. I made a post about this a while ago.

• Hi guys, I'm back after a short detour. So what would be setting the clean sense "correctly"? For my guitars and the KPA I usually have clean sense set to -3 or so. Are you saying that I should be setting the clean sense HIGHER (starting at zero?). These levels routinely clip the output LED into RED. So then I should look at my clean profiles and work with individual gain staging / volumes and redo everything? Then test stomps?
    I will pick a clean profile and do some testing.
    And yes, VERY often I will find a profile that has promise but too much gain and I will use the GAIN knob on the unit to clean it up correctly for what I need.

• I'm actually beginning to wonder if it is impossible to set my Clean Sense low enough. I need to test on more profiles, but for the few that I tried, if I turn Gain down to 0, I do get a bit more volume in the clean sound, even with Clean Sense at -12 db.

• If I use my tubescremer out put at max, it's about +2 on the green scream. If you go over you get a hotter output.. The fuzz in the kemper has to be toned down , the output is way too loud on that one !!!! Not realistic at all !!!

• Don't expect us to have the volume knobs of our effects have the same range as the,originals. We have given them a much wider range - to your benefit - as well as a unified range among all effects.

• I too have been experiencing excessive volume spikes with OD/Dis stomps into clean amps. I just got the Kemper and I didn't know if this was inherent to the unit. I have been experimenting and reading about the clean sense and dist sense as I'm not quite picking it up yet. Sadly I have been running both settings at -12 (all the way down). I'm playing mostly through a PRS with semi hot humbuckers. Should I have my clean/dist sense balanced at higher settings? I just find that with OD/dist stomps in mix that I tend to clip the output section regularly. Please advise