Volume Pedal ... erm, where does it control?

• Looks like I can't figure out where exactly (in the Profiler's signal chain) the volume pedal affects the volume.
    I checked every volume control in the Profiler, but the displayed values never change while I use the volume pedal. Help, what did I miss? Or is it a bug or missing feature that the volume change via pedal isn't shown anywhere?

EDIT: This problem solved in post #8 ... different problem still unsolved, volume pedal can't be recorded on DI track. Doesn't affect the "Git" output option.

• It's the regular MIDI CC #7 Volume control, nothing special.
    If it's none of the menu accessible volume controls, where exactly in the signal chain is it placed? Obviously somewhere in the OUTPUT section, I guess. But is it in front of the other output volume controls or after or is it one of the existing controls but the output menu doesn't reflect the current state? I would like to know so I can add this info to the Wiki.

• It must be somewhere before DELAY/REVERB.
    But still it's kind of weird because if you route "Git" signal on any output, it won't be controlled by the volume pedal. You always get the direct guitar signal, which is awkward if you, for example, do this violin like playing with the volume pedal (volume @ zero, pick, move volume up). Basically you can't do ANY volume changes using this volume pedal via CC #7 and record DI for reamping. I think that's really weird, isn't it?

PS: You can see the pedal's action on CC #7 in System menu, page 6/9 ... but as I mentioned in my first post, you can't see any of the volume controls in the signal chain change its value.

• If I understand it correctly, it doesn't affect any of the volume settings accessible through menus and knobs but rather has its own, moveable position. After pressing the Rig button, you can select where in the signal chain you want the volume pedal to go: "Pre Stomps", "Post Stomps" (but Pre Amp), "Pre Effects" or "Post Effects".

However, I don't think that will affect the unprocessed "Git" signal which is, after all, unprocessed (no AD/DA conversion).

• Thanks for the hint regarding RIG menu. This "problem" solved. :)
    But the Git signal remains untouched by the volume pedal. Difficult to understand why you would want to record a DI track without your volume pedal work being part of it? Or is this intentionally and we would have to record the DI track and a MIDI track with the pedal movement at the same time? Wow *headscratch*

BTW: Yes, there's AD/DA (or at least AD) conversion because you can route the Git signal to the S/PDIF out.

• Yeah Ingolf, I'm fast. :)

Also, the "Git + Processing" output setting seems to include the volume pedal (but with AD conversion). From the manual:

Git + Processing (Not available for Spdif Output).
    Similar to “Git Analog” but AD conversion is taking place. This puts the noise gate from the input section and the volume pedal in the signal path (if volume pedal is set to “Pre Stomps”).
    Note: The volume control of the respective outputs will have no impact on the source settings “Git”, because they are made to reproduce the original instrument volume.

The "Pre Stomps" requirement may be a limitation though, depending on how you want to use it.

BTW: Yes, there's AD/DA (or at least AD) conversion because you can route the Git signal to the S/PDIF out.

Huh, good point...

• It doesn't include the pedal, that's what makes me wonder. All combinations with "Git" in their name on all available outputs ignore the volume pedal.

Maybe that has something to do with the requirement, according to the manual, that the Volume pedal should be placed "Pre Stomps"? Maybe it's somewhere else in your rig?

• Maybe that has something to do with the requirement, according to the manual, that the Volume pedal should be placed "Pre Stomps"? Maybe it's somewhere else in your rig?

I tried immediately after you told me about the RIG menu setting .... makes no difference. Even the checkbox "Lock Vol.Pedal" in the same menu has no effect regarding the problem we're discussing.

• If I understand it correctly, it doesn't affect any of the volume settings accessible through menus and knobs but rather has its own, moveable position. After pressing the Rig button, you can select where in the signal chain you want the volume pedal to go: "Pre Stomps", "Post Stomps" (but Pre Amp), "Pre Effects" or "Post Effects".

However, I don't think that will affect the unprocessed "Git" signal which is, after all, unprocessed (no AD/DA conversion).

Awesome info, thanks for the clarification. +1

• Already got an answer from support.
    This is by intention, the volume pedal can't get recorded on a DI track. So if you're playing with the volume pedal involved, you have to do the volume pedal again when re-amping .... or find a way to record the MIDI CC #7 at the same time, so it can be sent to the Profiler while re-amping.
    One "solution" suggested by support is to switch off all stomps and the stack section and then select "STACK" to record a DI track ... but seriously, who wants to play while listening to a DI signal? ?(

Wow, this isn't exactly perfect. I wish we had the choice. Dont know what you guys think about that. Valid feature request? Another option "Git+Volume"?

• Thanks for the hint regarding RIG menu. This "problem" solved. :)
    But the Git signal remains untouched by the volume pedal. Difficult to understand why you would want to record a DI track without your volume pedal work being part of it? Or is this intentionally and we would have to record the DI track and a MIDI track with the pedal movement at the same time? Wow *headscratch*

It's true, I had to take the volume pedal function out for the direct outputs due to technical reasons. I am sorry for that.