Roland GA-212

• Has anyone used the relatively new Roland GA-212?

Roland GA-212

I could care less about their amp modeling, but I wonder if this might be an interesting FRFR cab for my Kemper.

It has two 12" speakers, two effects loops, and has two line ins, which they say can be used to connect external gear. The line inputs bypass any of the Roland processing and hit the power amp then the cab.

The retail on these was initially $1,500, but can be had for around $500 now.

They are listed at 200w, which is overkill for me, but it sounds intriguing.

[Blocked Image: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/mofungo/ScreenShot2013-12-07at91336PM.png]

• It seems that the line ins ("Main in"?) are after the loops and the pedals. So you'd basically use it as a powered cab. for that price I'd go for a Yamaha FRFR, which I suspect to be more linear.
    Unless you pan to use the amp for other tasks of course

:)

• I can't find any info on what speakers they're using in there other than "custom 12", so I'm suspicious as to how FRFR it is - odds are, it's something like the Celestion Seventy80s you get in a Tech 21 Power Engine. They're on the FR end of the guitar speaker range, and you'd probably be fairly happy with them, but they might still sound a tiny bit off if you were playing with your Kemper's cabs turned on.

My suggestion for the same price range would be a Xitone, either powered or standalone. I just got mine and it sounds great.