Electro death metal EP done

• Here's a teaser vid for our electro metal band, Coraxo.

I used my 2ch Dual Racktifier (Kemperized), Red channel on diodes, boosted with a Maxon OD9, V30, mic'd with a SM57 and a Beyerdynamic i50D.

Recorded and mixed by me, mastered by Dan Swanö at Unisound Sweden.

Starlit Flame playlist Youtube

Download the EP from http://www.facebook.com/coraxoband

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi nakedzen,

i dig your stuff. But i do not have a facebook account (and don't want one :D ). Any alternative option? Thanks!

Just make a fake account, it's what I do. :P

The only reason we're giving it away for free as a campaign is to gain more fb likes. It'll be $3.99 for digital download (cdbaby.com) and around 7 euros incl. postage for the CD (direct from coraxo-official.com) after the official release date on Jan 15.

• Hi Nakedzen,

as some kind of payback for your kindness (the review does contain some strange or somewhat 'slang' formulations that are not to be translated (by me :D ), i put in brackets what i added to try to clarify the authors words). I hope it is less confusing than a google translation. Cheers.

Finnish Electronic Death Metal formation, or put more corectly the Duo Infernal, has just been founded last year. 'Starlit Flame' has been brought to the crowd as a first sign of life. They sure seem have been influenced by some elements of Peter Tägtrens side project 'Pain'. Nonetheless similar but less electronic they draw their paths. I'd rather say some elements come from the Hypocrisy faction. Well, they do not get along without electronic, sometimes used more or less dominantly, but as in contrary to their swedish counterparts they get along with less of it. Deploying SciFi elements and influences fits (the concept) and the cover art alone does resemble Starcraft in its first version. Sure it would have been cool to game along to this. But even without being a gamer one can check this out. The squad does not lack inspiration nor solid realization.
    Certainly some passages and and lines seem somewhat disconcerting and at times seem rough, but seen as a whole the material is very enjoyable and easily passes one's ear canals. Of course one needs a faible for certain electro sounds, but it's easy to get into it they're not used strenuously or overladenly. With grooveng riffs and a straight midsection (to thrash on) the fire is sired and the flames blaze high.
    Well, the Finnish seem to eat or drink something ferrous. This thesis has been brought forward by many (writing/reviewing) colleagues and it heavily applies to this duo, too. SciFi oriented Metal may not quite be a novelty, but the (fresh) realization by the duo makes it appear so. Refreshing and with lots of simmering steam the shores are ploughed and crushing down everything with laser swords.

Conclusion: A really great first step and the pertaining sign of life has an impact. It proves that Electronic Death Metal is not history yet but, as in this case, is carried forward and extended.