Still not that happy with re-amping

• What I do is record the guitar into my RME Babyface's instrument in, then send that via SPDIF to the Kemper, and the processed signal back via the main XLR out to the Babyface.

If I record the Kemper directly it sounds fatter, and there's definite gain loss with the re-amped signal. For cleans there's no real problem but for distorted high gain sounds it's losing something, it's like it's 85% there, the sound is perfectly useable but inferior.

I have to use a coax > optical convertor by the way as the Babyface has these Optical ins and outs, and because the convertor is only 1 way at a time I can't go both ways using the SPDIF. I have tried the re-amp sens but not seeing a huge difference.

Thanks in advance!

• Seems like something is getting lost due to the routing/variety of different cables you're using to reamp. Why record your guitar into the Babyface and send the signal to the Kemper.

What I'd do is plug into the instrument input on the Kemper, then send the DI signal to my DAW via SPDIF. When reamping, send the SPDIF signal to your Kemper and record using the analog/XLR outputs into your Babyface

• What do you mean the converter only goes one way at a time? If it can convert two separate signals, just reverse the input/output for each direction. If it can only do one at a time, you'd need another converter.

I tried to run my My M Audio FW 410 the same way (except with SPDIF back to the interface) - Guitar > Interface > SPDIF Out > KPA > Interface SPDIF In. The problem I had was that my guitar signal would clip my interface on even mildly aggressive picking. It has Pad switches, but with that on, it was way too low - too low to compensate with Reamp Sense. If I tried to bring the level back up using the Gain control on the interface, it would add way too much noise. It was unusable without an extra piece of gear in front to get the levels right without significantly boosting the noise floor.

So I gave up and go Guitar > KPA > Interface SPDIF In. For Reamping, I go Interface SPDIF out > KPA > Interface SPDIF In. Everything works perfectly. There's a couple little quirks for monitoring and making sure you have the correct input/outputs set on all your tracks in your DAW. Also make sure your interface control panel direct monitoring is turned off or set how you think it should be.