LF+12+/Mission Pedal

• Did a real quick video on my current LF+12+ setup with the KPA.

Sorry for the video quality, shot with a phone, so it's hard to read the display at times.

I'll try to follow up with videos and audio showing the step commands in action.

Ed, let me know if you want a copy of the configuration file, it's pretty straight forward.

LF-KPA setup

• Wow. You've gone a long way in a couple of weeks. I love the setup. I haven't used the page change function at all. I would love for you to send me that programming. I'd probably just tweak the colors to my taste. Plus it would be a great starting point to shape other setups. Vid was great!

If you can send the file to [email protected]

Thanks
    Ed

• Thanks for sharing, Sean. Did I understood correctly, that you have setup the mission pedal to act as volume pedal and as wah pedal? Would that be two functions at the same time? How do you switch between wah and volume then? Or, is that rig dependent?

Knut

• Knut, i have the Mission Pedal with the toe switch in it.

On the LF, I have that toe switch set to toggle stomp slot A on/off. Then on the KPA itself I have it set so that the wah defaults to volume when the wah is not in use.

So I put a wah in stomp slot A and lock it so it's there for every preset.

Then the KPA automatically switches it over to volume pedal when stomp A is bypassed. So it's a perfect blend of using the LF features to turn stomp A on/off, and a mix of the KPA feature allowing you to have the one pedal switch automatically between wah and volume.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.
    sean

• Ed,
    i forgot to mention the config file I sent you is set so the LF will automatically load in the names from the KPA.

so it's programmed now for my first 20 rigs in the KPA. If you just select those presets on your LF while it's connected to the KPA (both directions, of course) then the LF will automatically load in your rig names and you won't have to program anything at all.

Let me know how it goes.
    sean

• Do you have the global setting checked for external sync of preset names? I assumed it would stay checked in the file I sent but may be worth checking again.

Is everything else in the KPA direction to LF working like tuner, etc?

Sean

• Sean, one more question, please. If you use the pedal in combined mode for volume & wah, you would always have an audible volume change in case the volume is set lower than 100%, when switching wah on. Right?

• Sean, one more question, please. If you use the pedal in combined mode for volume & wah, you would always have an audible volume change in case the volume is set lower than 100%, when switching wah on. Right?

Yes. Better way: You can program a button for changing the cc# (step 1: cc#007 = volume, step 2: cc#001 = wah, step 3: go to step 1). So the volume stays if you change the cc# of the pedal to wah.

• No there is no volume change.

I'll do a video to show this, but since the toe switch to turn the Wah off is at max level, the volume always engages at full on.
    There is a small lag about a second, where if I switch the Wah off and immediately try to use the volume pedal, it takes that lag to notice that it's now a volume pedal. I believe this is internal to the KPA since the LF isn't doing anything with the switching.

You can program things to change CC numbers if you want, all depends on how you want it all to flow and how many button pushes you want to do.

I used to do the Wah setting where you move it to engage. That worked for a while but then you can't get that cocked Wah sound that just sits in one spot for a while without it turning off. So really depends on what you want to do.

The LF has a setting where you tell it to recognize or ignore CC settings when changing presets. That Wah if you have the volume half way up and change a preset, you can choose to either keep the volume at half or resend the full volume number. Again it comes down to how you want to program it.

Sean

• I've been looking at these liquid foot units for some time now and saw that they released a "mini" version. My only concern is the fact that it only has one midi in/out/thru port. I wondered if one of you could tell me how the kpa communicates with the liquid foot in terms of cables. In other words, do I need two midi cables for the kemper to talk back to the liquid foot or can this be done through one midi cable? I'm wondering what functionality, if any, would I lose by only having one midi port. Thanks in advance for any insight you might have on the subject.