Looking for frfr monitor suggestions

• Been using the kemper for 6 months or so and really enjoying it, but getting really annoyed with how clustered my desk is with the kemper, quad capture interface, two screens and two behringer b2031a monitors all sitting on it. So I'm selling the behringers and looking at picking up a single active pa-ish sized monitor that I can just have somewhere else in the room dedicated to using with the kemper so I can have them both away from my desk unless I'm recording.
    At the moment the only ones I've really heard much about are the mackie hd models and alto's ts range, so looking for some suggestions from what you guys have tried. I've heard more about the alto's, and its closer to what I want to spend since I'm a pov uni student at the moment, but I could stretch to a used mackie or something similar if it would really be worth it, so suggestions around the alto's price range or a little more would be good.
    This is the first time I've really looked into picking something like this up so I don't know much about any features I would need in a monitor to just run strait from the kemper so just some general info about this kind of setup would be good as well.
    Thanks for any info or suggestions,
    Kharem

• Thanks for the quick reply. They actually look really good, still a bit of a stretch to pick one up new but doable. I dunno, it might just be my ignorance in the area but I like that its yamaha as well, I had never heard of alto until I started looking into this and noticed a couple of guys on the sso forum using them. I'll see if I can find out a bit more about these yamaha monitors, thanks again.

• I use one Yamaha DXR10 with my Kemper. It is ok, but it does not work and sound like a Real Amp. Many people seem to like this combination but in my mind this is not yet the ideal Solution. I hope that Kemper or another Company finds a better combination.
    Not saying it is bad and probaly the best you can get today, but at least I'm not yet 100% happy.

The Sound and the feeling you get out of the Kemper using the headphone is still the best for me. This get's lost if you hook up any powered Studio Monitors or the Yamaha DXR10. I'm sure that a lot of people will tell you that this is not true, but this is how I hear and feel it. But there is no doubt, the Kemper is the best digital Amp You can get on the market today.

• Another +1 for the DXR10 here.
    But keep in mind that these can easily blast the brain out of your skull when used in a small or medium sized room at home. If you plan to use them at home only, you'll likely never use the 1100 Watts power you paid for. 8o

I use one Yamaha DXR10 with my Kemper. It is ok, but it does not work and sound like a Real Amp. Many people seem to like this combination but in my mind this is not yet the ideal Solution. I hope that Kemper or another Company finds a better combination.
    Not saying it is bad and probaly the best you can get today, but at least I'm not yet 100% happy.

The Sound and the feeling you get out of the Kemper using the headphone is still the best for me. This get's lost if you hook up any powered Studio Monitors or the Yamaha DXR10. I'm sure that a lot of people will tell you that this is not true, but this is how I hear and feel it. But there is no doubt, the Kemper is the best digital Amp You can get on the market today.

???????

I find this to not be the case with me. When I used my KPA with the DXR10 it was the best sound I'd ever had on stage since I've been gigging for 17 years!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hey everyone,

can anybody recommend the Yamaha DXR 10 for (mostly) home use? Is there any distracting fan noise or hiss?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• I can vouch for the Alto's as well. Used them for over a year. Tried many options (EV, JBL, Cab/pwr amp) and you will not be disappointed spending $250.00 or less (used or coupon) and having what you want.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Dang, you guys went to town on this over night, thanks for all the input.
    I actually found a place not far from me selling the alto's so I can actually give them a go before I make a decision, but I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for a used DXR10 near me that I can try out since I've only found two places in aus selling them. Just out of curiosity does anyone with an alto find the fan noise annoying? Never even considered it might be an issue but someone mentioned something about it in here and I still doubt it would be an issue but figured I would ask anyway.

• Ebi - It does not mean that. If you run the kemper into a power amp and use a cabinet then it will produce the "amp in the room feel" because it is. A FRFR produce a wider range and wider projection however some powered speakers get different results. I used a 15" EV SXA350a that I felt was a good balance between the two options. If you are out in the audience you hear what you would hear with the kemper into a FRFR (powered speaker). I used it into a Crate powerblock and fed an Orange 2x12 and let the guitarist for Iced Earth play it.......he liked it. I have yet to find any of the methods we've discussed here producing a result that I do not like.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: