Some people use the Matrix NL12 with their KPA?

• Are you looking to use the cab sims , just as with the DXR ?
    FIW, once asked Matrix about the NL12 when I was looking for a FRFR speaker ,and here is what they had to say about it :

"Our NL212 is *not* a full range, flat response 2x12. it is a guitar cab, with an extended frequency response. It has good bass response, light weight, extended treble, it can sound fine with cab sims off. It will also do better than a standard cab with cab sims on.
    If you want a full range, flat repsonse 2x12, we will be releasing our FR212 later this week."

• Yeah, I thank that it was not a real FRFR cab but more something like the KPA-Solutions Camper cab 112 at half the weigh thought! But still I would prefer to use it with cab sim on when I need a very portable solution for jam or small gigs.

Yes I agree that the camplifier is certainly the best solution available for a full retrofit amp!

• i have it and i like it. combined with the powerhead it's one truly portable system. for small session gigs it's all u need and you can go there on your bicycle...(!)
    but i don't think you will keep your cab-sims on. it sounds better without them... it's not the only cab i would ever want, but it has all my love for being so unbelievably light...
    and the matrix guys offer the best customer support i ever experienced. just saying.

Edited once, last by kilihahn ().

• it IS either fish or flesh (depending on perspective - i'd say tasty tiny chicken), just think of it as a normal guitar cab. it features the celestion century vintage (neo-)driver, which is supposed to be voiced towards traditional guitar application.

Edited once, last by kilihahn ().

• Hello!

I have a Matrix NL12 for about a week now, here is some experiences with Kemper Powerhead.

At first, I must say that Kemper Powerhead surprised me and convinced me to switch completely from tube heads.
    Even more, my band colleague switched to Kemper too :)

It works for me extremely well in all environments that I tried:
    - at home (best sound with guitar cab at low volume)
    - recording (ok, that is not really surprising :)
    - rehearsal (for me the most critical purpose, because I simply like how tube amps sound and feel loud)
    - gigging (second critical purpose, but for the first time direct to the PA)

Last about two months I am playing the Kemper through my guitar cabs (Diezel 2x12 Mesa V30, Koch 2x12 Vertical Mesa V30, CAA 2x12 Mesa V30) and it sounds and feels really as a good tube amp.

Because of the light weight for some gigs I decided to try the Matrix NL12.
    At first at home, low volume, I noticed the shrill highs, but I could work them out easily with Monitor Out EQ (Presence -1/-2 dB).
    It sounds some sort of more polished as my guitar cabs, but not bad, a bit different.

Yesterday I tried the NL12 at rehearsal, and in comparison to Koch 2x12 it sounds more clear, more PA-ish (sort of wider frequency range?) but in a good way.
    In the band mix (we play with acoustic drums) was my sound clear, good placed, really nice.
    Koch-Cab sounds good, more woody, with more mids and sort of muddy in direct comparison to NL12.
    I played it on the floor with Deeflexx Aura.

So, at the end, it seems that NL12 will be my main cab now :)

Here you can hear what I am playing: www.groundcollapse.com

• How are you finding the NL12 now that some time has passed? I have a non-powered Kemper and am considering getting and NL12 to use it with both the Kemper+power amp and with traditional guitar amp heads.

• I did not change my opinion :) But, honest, did not use NL12 a lot last 2 months. Live I use the cab that is provided by the venue (mostly 4x12 Marshall, but once I used NL12) and in the rehearsal room I switched back to tube amp (Marshall JVM Satriani) because I like to have a separate rig for rehearsal (I do not like to transport the rig all the time, even if it is so light as Kemper :)

So, Kemper Powerhead for recording, playing at home and gigging (and some rehearsals) :)

• I'm owning a Matrix Q12a, it's also available in a passive version. I always would prefer a FRFR-cab like the Q12a, Camper 112 or CLR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de