Don't like the sound of SM57 Microphone

• My favorite "57-killer" right now is the Beyerdynamic M201TG. :thumbup:

Sounds great pretty much on anything I've used it for, guitars, snare, vocals, even overheads.

This has always been ....... a classic since the seventies on gazillions of records on snare drums, toms, guitar cabs, even cymbals and strings. I guess the downside of the internets is this "hurban myth" syndrome. Nt helped by the disappearing mentoring or internship opportunities. A large amount of "knowledge" comes from "I have seen it on line" rather than real experience... :rolleyes:

Same could be said about other microphones, may people are aware of a D12 but less of an equally mighty M380 where it is taken for granted by industry personnel.
    We could go on with Kramer and Hendrix with an M160.....

• This has always been ....... a classic since the seventies on gazillions of records on snare drums, toms, guitar cabs, even cymbals and strings. I guess the downside of the internets is this "hurban myth" syndrome. Nt helped by the disappearing mentoring or internship opportunities. A large amount of "knowledge" comes from "I have seen it on line" rather than real experience... :rolleyes:

Same could be said about other microphones, may people are aware of a D12 but less of an equally mighty M380 where it is taken for granted by industry personnel.
    We could go on with Kramer and Hendrix with an M160.....

Ok.. 8| What the heck is your problem? I just commented on a mic I like for guitars as an alternative for a 57 and you have to go all "i'm a pro, you rest are just internet noobs with no real life experience". :thumbdown:

Seriously, tone down your ego a bit.

• Ok.. 8| What the heck is your problem? I just commented on a mic I like for guitars as an alternative for a 57 and you have to go all "i'm a pro, you rest are just internet noobs with no real life experience". :thumbdown:

Seriously, tone down your ego a bit.

Apologies if it came across like this. It wasn't directed at you at all. Quite the contrary as what I aimed to convey is that I agree 100% with you.
    My rant was just about some "notions" that nowadays are spread around and taken for granted as "truth" or "common practices" when those not always or rarely aren't". Your post tickled this issue. That's all