kemper profiler NAMM 2014 news!!

• Here is a video I just saw uploaded on youtube from NAMM by sonicstate.

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNwVfF8GNs

AWESOME!!!!!

• I found these 2 NAMM videos with Jeff Loomis and Keith Merrow playing some brutal riffs and solos with kempers in the Schecter section.
    Also two videos with only Loomis shredding.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

I love the beat detection. I love how CK creates cool stuff no one even knows to ask for.

That's true. Kemper provides really great support and constant development of new features. It's hard even to lose interests with this unit, as from what I see there's always something going on.

• What's amazing about the Kemper is that the Kemper team could simply call it quits tomorrow, and the product will continue to have updates in the form of more and more profiles created by 3rd parties. In any other product, this requires an official update. So instead of getting new stuff every few months or even less frequently, we get fun new stuff every day.

All these incredible bells and whistles the Kemper team develops are just the icing on the ever-expanding cake.

• I love the beat detection. I love how CK creates cool stuff no one even knows to ask for.

Yeah, I like the way the guy thinks. Always one step ahead.

It would be fun to make a thread with feature requests where, instead of naming boring stuff we think we need, or things some other digital amp or effect already has, we try to come up with ideas that pique Mr. Kemper's interest. :D

Great news! Looking forward to Rig Manager. I assume this is equivalent to a librarian?

I'm also assumimg that Kemper starts with a windows based application for the simple reason that there are more PC's than macs?? (Flame suit on)

Waaay more...like 10 to 1. Do like everyone else and run Windows in a virtual machine. It works much better than complaining. ☺

• [quote]I've never seen a great producer's studio relying on Windows as their main machine. I'm sure there are some that have Windows boxes, but OS X is definitely still the dominant OS for audio recording in the real world. When I first started out I used Windows because it was cheaper ... but it soon becomes apparent that the uptime/stability just isn't the same.
    /quote]

That's incorrect. I work in industry and there are 0% Macs used in mission critical applications. I have PCs with 99.999% uptime measured over years of use. The instability illusion is based on the fact that the open PC platform allows poor hardware/software to be used if desired. Any PC built with similar (yet more affordable) hardware to a Mac and running quality software will deliver equivalent or better performance and reliability. Apple doesn't even offer a suitable multiprocessor server solution so they don't really play in the real world of true high availability computing. Try controlling a petroleum refinery with a Mac...Lol.

Thank you Kemper for providing a librarian.

• it all sounds great i just hope they allow you to place that headphone space parameter thing in the reverb slot , i use the headphone space thing all the time now on recordings !

and my effects slots are filled with eqs id like to keep using it !

• My comments about the audio industry and Macs were more about OS X as an OS for audio use, not about Apple's hardware (and their lack of regular releases).

Windows has made great improvements over the last few years and it's pretty much caught up, I think. It's just that most studios are still mostly on OS X.

For my setup, Cubase with a couple of RME cards, UAD cards, and the plugins I use, OS X is measurably more stable. I know this because I haven't owned a Mac Pro for a while, but I've run OS X on PCs for about 3-4 years now. Out of interest, I compared to WinXP/Vista/Win7 - it would lock up every few days, hang a lot more often and not clear its RAM cache like OS X does. I couldn't deal with it, as it interrupts my workflow with clients too regularly.

I've absolutely no doubt that in many other applications, Windows (and particularly other *NIX systems) smokes OS X.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm certain that most people who own a Kemper use it on Windows because outside of the studio world, Windows is still about 80% in use.

This is why as a studio owner, I'm a bit disappointed that the OS X version will be later than the PC one (and I don't understand why that happens), but I'm very much looking forward to putting it into use.

• Has anyone any idea what's new about that?