Big thanks to Marco Cudan for those outstanding 6505+ rigs

• If I can't get more amps and cabs soon I guess I can release the 6505+ and EVH packs anyway.

But I have my eyes on a SLO100 (have yet to get in touch with the owner), and I'm postive I can get my hands on a JCM800 and a Diezel Einstein.
    So that should be fun :)

• If I can't get more amps and cabs soon I guess I can release the 6505+ and EVH packs anyway.

But I have my eyes on a SLO100 (have yet to get in touch with the owner), and I'm postive I can get my hands on a JCM800 and a Diezel Einstein.
    So that should be fun :)

EVH and 6505+ packs. YES. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO :D

• Joining in on the boot-licking :P

The 6505 profiles were absolutely amazing, dude.
    How were these captured?..
    Getting an SLO that sounds remotely this good will be awesome. Notoriously hard amps to dial in. :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Joining in on the boot-licking :P

The 6505 profiles were absolutely amazing, dude.
    How were these captured?..
    Getting an SLO that sounds remotely this good will be awesome. Notoriously hard amps to dial in. :thumbup:

Nothing ordinary really for the capturing.

Tubescreamer (a do it yourself kit, 808 iirc) into 6505+ into Mesa 4x12 Oversize, sm57 directly into Kemper.
    Fairly standard metal-tone chain ;)

I always start pointing the mic where the dustcap meets the cone and go from there. Usually I start with the edge of the dustcap in the middle of the mic (if you look at it straight) and move it further out or in, but not a whole lot more than 1/3 of the mic diameter...kinda hard to explain haha
    But since I almost always mic on axis it's nice to remember positions.
    Still always ends up sounding different and never exactly the same 8|

I hope that the slo100 owner lends me his darling. would be pretty kick ass!