Amps going to waste - what to do?

• Hello all!
    Got a burning question Ive been pondering on. Im a proud Kemper user and have been for over a year now. It sounds awesome and will be what I'm going to use for 90% of what I do.

Problem is my old Marshall TSL combo has barely even been looked at for the past year. I've also got a Mesa Recto cab which in reality is never going to be taken anywhere and also isnt being used. As good as the Kemper is a tube amp is still great fun to play. I reckon I could get between $2-2500 for them (New Zealand $), whats do you fine people suggest I look at? Would like a head and 2x12 setup ideally but I'm open to suggestion. I play mostly blues and classic rock so want something that will make my strat shine. Cheers in advance!

• How are you listening to the Kemper? put it through the Mesa or Marshall and you got hundreds of amps to play with,or maybe sell the gear and get a new guitar? but if you really want to buy something new then you probably know by now if you like a Fender/Marshall or Mesa etc etc sound so buy accordingly ,they are all good,its all bout whats best for you and makes you wanna play. :)

• Im playing the Kemper through a couple of Line6 stage sound speakers or whatever they're called! Sounds good so I'm more just looking for the best of both worlds at the moment. Holding onto the Marshall for sentimental purposes at the moment but it just doesn't sound good to me anymore. Im drawn to the H&K amps lately, that could just be because they look awesome though!

• I agree with londonjeepster. You've got the world's best tool to find the amp you like most. So go ahead and find it on your own. :)
    If you asked me, I would sell the stuff you plan to sell and save some more money to get a Two Rock Studio Pro Plus 35 head. What an amazing piece of amp building art, imho. Not exactly cheap but something very rewarding (for my taste of Strat sounds).

• My solution was to sell all my amps. Even ones I thought I'd be buried with got sold as they gathered dust.

BUT, if you are still playing, either keep what you have, or shop around for 2 dedicated but cheaper amps. Blues amp, and Classic Rock amp.

But it's gonna be HARD to find replacements that stand up to what you can get in a Kemper with Andy's profiles. I know he ruined me.

• Yes, going the cheaper way is another approach. I just see it a bit different. If I ever buy a real tube amp, it must be one that I enjoy at least as much as the Profiler. Otherwise it will gather dust quickly. So if I ever win a lottery, I will go for the limited edition 50th anniversary Marshall Bluesbreaker and a Two Rock Custom Reverb. But since I never praticipate in lotteries, I will happily stick with my Profiler. :)

• Andy's Bluesbreaker profiles are my favorites in profile world.

So no doubt I'd love the amp. The Reissue cost 2.5k new, but I saw on used for just under $1700

That's cheaper than yours and the best of both worlds: Blues/Classic Rock

Assuming you have a Les Paul...

• It's always tough to move something that you have had and like. However, if it isn't being used, then it is taking up space. I have a fairly new Marshall JVM410HJS amp which I love but I probably won't use as much once my powered rack arrives. I also have a small Marshall SL-5 tube combo but that one I will keep. Once in a while I like to plug into something with real tubes and that will satisfy my urges for those times.

• Amps going to waste? No, not at all. After playing about half a year through my Kemper, I played on one of my Tube Amps Yesterday evening. And you know what, I couldn't stop. The Kemper ist really a great Amp, but we all shouldn't underestimate why Tube Amps are still there after all those years. Just my 2 cents. :)

• I'll definitely profile it thoroughly before I let it go. Im loving the idea of the mini sized tube amps lately, I think the Mesa mini recto looks and sounds great. Id probably be able to get by with the 1x12 matching cab. Im sure its plenty loud and theres always the option to mic up. Could even setup an A/B switch between the Kemper for the best of both worlds... Would that work?

Also Im not entirely sure that I would take my Kemper to every live gig. If theres a particular pub or party which is more rowdy than usual I wouldn't like to get it knocked over or have anyone spill drinks on it. Although a Mesa or say Orange setup would be a similar price, the Kemper just seems both more valuable and vulnerable.

Edited 2 times, last by PAFBRO ().

• Amps going to waste? No, not at all. After playing about half a year through my Kemper, I played on one of my Tube Amps Yesterday evening. And you know what, I couldn't stop. The Kemper ist really a great Amp, but we all shouldn't underestimate why Tube Amps are still there after all those years. Just my 2 cents. :)

Yep totally agree. I cant imagine now being without my toaster but DAMN Im gas'in for some tube action ;)