Kemper Price Increase

• I've noticed that a lot of US dealers (Sweetwater, AMS, Zzounds, SamAsh) have raised the price on the Kemper to $2133. I would imagine that's going to be the standard price everywhere in the US soon. Glad I purchased mine when I did. Anybody about to buy better act quick. There's still a few places that have them cheaper.

Not a good move IMO. Too close to the price of the Axe Fx. I think being slightly cheaper has helped to sell units in the past.

• Exchange rate €/$ and - may be - too many requestsin the States? :pinch:
    Even if the KPA and the Fractal FX cost the same money, I would choose the KPA. :thumbup:
    I didn't choose it just to save 300 bucks... I love it because it is much easier and to my ears it sounds better.

• I'd choose it over the Axe too, regardless of close pricing. In fact, I did! I had an Axe IIi for 18 months and just sold it. Just couldn't justify keeping it when it got no play time after getting my Kemper!

For some others, though, I'm not so sure. I've seen many times on various forums in the past where someone was debating which unit to purchase. Ultimately, the savings helped influence their choice.

• ^ ^
    This. OTOH, if prices raise it means that the demand is high. Common market low, prices would eventually go down again according to demand modulation. No-one would be so crazy to raise a price when fighting to find own place in the market. Prices raising is nothing but good news for Kemper health-wise
    Of course potential uses will disagree :D

I believe price-placement for the Profiler had been kept low to better face the main competitor(s), but the value of the unit is outstanding for what it does. After all, something like the Profiler had never been seen before, and has yet to be seen!

• Before I heard of the KPA I had heard people talk about the AXE FX I looked into it. There were 2 reasons that put me off one being the fact that it was close to £1600 at the time and the other being no shops stock it to try it out. You don't buy a car without test driving it. Also I buy all my musical gear on 0% finance its easy and leaves me with the cash in my bank and it increases my credit rating ;)

My KPA a year ago was £1300 and its still a bargain now I think :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• ...then there's branding.
    With all the BS and misinformation surrounding the profiler and its competition, being touted as the 'cheap option' wasn't necessarily good.
    Besides, many of us bought it when it was incomplete. Still great - but incomplete. That's (almost) no longer true.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Yes, the KPA would be a bargain even at 2000Euro's - best digital box ever!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Wow, unless I'm mistaken that is two price increases since its release, I think this is a bad thing for the consumer. If I was in the market this price increase would certainly be a consideration. Now it is only $67 cheaper than the Axe II in the US, hmmm.

• Steve's Music in Canada has the white lunch box at $1899 CDN but it's out of stock so not sure if they would honour the price. Everywhere else online in Canada I saw was around $2300. I thought it might be the currency exchange but looks like it across the board.

Still amazed that I got one for $1600 CDN plus taxes just over 17 months ago!

Cheers,

jayson

• The difference is that you can call most places that sell the Kemper and get a nice discount. I bought mine new and got a really good discount from sweetwater. Since the Kemper is sold by various retailers you can get them to go lower vs Axe FX has what is basically fixed pricing. :thumbup:

• The difference is that you can call most places that sell the Kemper and get a nice discount. I bought mine new and got a really good discount from sweetwater. Since the Kemper is sold by various retailers you can get them to go lower vs Axe FX has what is basically fixed pricing. :thumbup:

While this is true sometimes, it is not always true. Whenever I was shopping for a KPA American Musical, Musicians Friend and Sweetwater wouldn't budge on the price, I suppose it's because they were selling as fast as they could get them in stock. It wasn't until I ran across a deal at JRR Shop that I got it less than SRP. Either way, it's hard to believe that the manufacturing cost has gone up so much that they need to raise the price two times already, it's really a shame.