need help w KPA wahwah, Dunlop Vol-X and GCP FIXXED!!!!

• guys, I'll thank you for help in advance, I can't read anymore. been all over the forum and net but I'm as clueless as when I began hours ago.

Dunlop Volume X pedal, TRS cable to Ground Control Pro input 2. I can see the value changing on the GCP as I sweep the pedal. Wah in the KPA is on but I don't hear any change.
    I have the WahWah set to bypass @ stop. If I change it to pedal on I can hear the Q change but still no sweep.

I read that one other KPA user was able to physically see the parameters change as he swept on the KPA itself. I was able to find this function under the system button. So now I see:

System Settings/ pedals
    1: unplugged OFF
    2: unplugged Wah Wah

below that box I see Pedal one off - Exopression (type 2) Pedal 2. I have cycled back and forth between type one and two expression but I think the issue is that I see pedal 2 unplugged

EDIT FOR THE FIX!!!

***in the EDIT mode on the GCP, select down and *IF it reads 'OFF' like mine did, hit #4 or +YES until you get to the midi assignment which reads P2 (and a 3 digit value) followed by CTL number which you will make 001 by hitting the #4 ir +yes button again, EDIT out and save.

DONE.

What a pain. LOL

• To me it seems you have a misconception here.
    The pedals' settings in the profiler in this case are not relevant because your pedal is not connected to the profiler but the GC.
    What you need to make sure is that the GC with the pedal that's connected is sending a CC #1. The profiler will interpret this as a wah sweep then.

• Thanks Ingolf, I was sure I had it all set up correctly. The GCP was sending button 4 (top row) midi wah info on CC001. I double checked that the wah parameters changed within the GCP which it did. However, the KPA is not receiving the message. I know I have missed something but what? LOL

I'm at work at the moment and will double check when I get home.

Thanks a lot for the reply. 8)

m

• When you get home, check to see if the GCPro is sending CC001 on the same MIDI channel that you are using for the Kemper's program changes.

ok, I rechecked the GCP - all appears to be set up correctly.

4/8 set up

Patch 1) HOLD edit button, in edit mode select down until it reads P2 120 (this value changes as I sweep the way) followed by CTL001. On KPA page 6 of RIG menu I can see the value change on the CC001 level as well.

NOW, on Patch 2) When I HOLD edit to get into edit mode on the GCP, then select down the message reads P2 120 OFF - I HAVE TURNED IT ON in pedal mode over and over. I can not seem to get this thing to activate.

Any ideas?

• When you get home, check to see if the GCPro is sending CC001 on the same MIDI channel that you are using for the Kemper's program changes.

thanks, I actually copied and pasted the wah that does work into the second patch. No change.

The issue seems more to be with the GCP vs the Kemper. In the GCP under edit mode, as I noted above, P2 is OFF and no matter what I do I can't get the darned thing to turn on. In GCP PEDAL mode, it IS turned on. Weird.

I just launched an account on the Voodoo Labs site but waiting for an activation email so I can post my issue there as well. Same user name as this forum and others :)

m