clean/distortion sense

• So I play a worn SG with whatever stock humbucker pickups. I put the clean sense halfway to the right from the middle, and the distortion sense all the way to the left. I was like 'WHOA', now I love every single (ampfactory) profile I own. I hated the over riding fuzz that previously was on a lot of profiles

Is this just personal preference, or are the senses as fundamental to shaping your tone as the gain/eq knobs for each profile? Nobody told me, now I've got a brand new kemper again. You guys should stress their importance in the manual's intro paragraph, especially if it varies depending on different pickups

The clean sense is like a finer mid, and the distortion sense is like a finer gain, but affecting the sound in a way that almost sounds like you're moving the mic around, and they have to be modified with each profile like the amps eq

• It has been discussed at length, do a search. It is there to balance volume between clean and distorted profiles and different guitar pickup outputs. You only need to adjust the distorted sense if you feel it is reacting too softly / aggressive to the gain. Most find the sweet spot on the clean relative to distorted profiles and leave it at that.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• let me tell you something buddy, i play with a 1.5 gater pick, heaviest strings imaginable, and i hammer my guitar's punk ass til something bleeds or somebody dies.

i like my clean sense 4 lights to the right, and my distortion sense 4 lights to the left, but when i track, i'm clipping my dry input.

i'm not changing that sound, i spent 14 years looking for it, but if i ever need to reamp i'm going to fly to kempers house and we're going to have a chat on why there's no spdif volume on this thing. i mean, COMMON.

• let me tell you something buddy, i play with a 1.5 gater pick, heaviest strings imaginable, and i hammer my guitar's punk ass til something bleeds or somebody dies.

i like my clean sense 4 lights to the right, and my distortion sense 4 lights to the left, but when i track, i'm clipping my dry input.

i'm not changing that sound, i spent 14 years looking for it, but if i ever need to reamp i'm going to fly to kempers house and we're going to have a chat on why there's no spdif volume on this thing. i mean, COMMON.

Darling, there is. Just look into the addendum that comes with each update. Or go directly to the output menu and have a good look at what's available.

• As you may have guessed, your personal technique and gear likely sends more signal into the Kemper than the guitars that were used when creating the profiles.
    (How is that for an understatement?)

When you adjust Clean/Distortion sense to end up with a similar input signal to the guitars used to create the profiles, the rigs will respond more like the original amps did.

• Test your own theory: If you say that decreasing distortion sense changes the sound, then compare that sound to the same profile in which you lower the gain setting a bit. It's the same sound. And as for clean sense: It's just a volume balance setting that balances the volume of clean sounds to that of distorted sounds. It doesn't influence the sound at all.
    However, if you are trying to overload the input of the KPA (which is allegedly hard to do at all), because you feel that this extra clipping is what is needed for the sound you're after: Congratulations!

• If your happy your happy. By the way I use 3mm dunlop big stubbies, I must be really really good.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• cool. before this gator pick i was using a small surfboard hand crafted by west coast guatemala natives. stolen, unfortunately.

for the record, i don't want the extra clipping - the 'stack' side comes in fine (adjustable by the volume knob), it's just the 'guit' of the spdif input channel that's clipping, and it's unfortunate there's no way around it without changing the sound. on this morning's tune, with a dif; profile, i've got the clean/dirt at 3 and 7 oclock respectively... which isn't clipping at all because i don't have to hammer it like a mofo...

anyway, saw somewhere announced at namm there's a firmware update? i lament the fact you kids didn't bother with update 2.2.2, because that number would've suggested i am the very path God intended for me at the beginning of time. 2.3.0 just means i have to work a little harder, no biggie.