Posts by fdsaevad

I would like to turn the effects off permanently. I tried the 'lock' solution, but the next day I go to record, and they're back on again. Does the lock only last until you turn it off? Why are effects always on by defect?

Of course, for some reason, I don't see the effects button being on, and I don't hear the effects being on, until an hour later, after recording 4 different profiles.

How do I turn them off so they NEVER EVER EVER turn on again, EVER?

Do you record through Analog or SPDIF?

i tried both, and had the same popping/clicking effect. otherwise i use spdif. i could also record vocals fine through same interface, same pre's, leading me to believe it was the kemper.

now i'm fairly certain it's just studio one, or some issue it has with a plug. i often get the same kind of noise when the screen shifts, or i hit ok in some menu.

ya the process was pretty painless but didn't solve the problem, in studio one.

everything still works perfect in samplitude, so i guess i'll just use that now.

... kemper sounds way better now, could be just my imagination.

i'll reinstall my plugs and wait for it to mess up in samplitude i guess

update: reinstalled samplitude, works fine now, for whatever reason. there was a time during the last 10 days when i got the clicks and pops in samplitude as well, after i set up my template, and in fact the audio would get so bunged up it would literally just shut down.

there are no plugs activated in samplitude. ........... come to think of it, last time i wiped my drive, i reinstalled all my plugs before testing it in studio one, because i put them in some random folder, and didn't plan on setting the vst location til after, but studio one found some anyway and loaded them. stupid companies put files in wherever the f they feel like it. studio one w/ plugs, clicks/pops; samplitude w/o plugs, no clicks/pops.

one of these goddamn plugs is causing it.

edit: forgot i found all the rogue locations and deleted the plugs. still, studio one loaded them at one time, wonder if that's it. maybe i'll reinstall studio one next time i can see straight. if that doesn't fix it, i'll go bug their forum, because now samplitude isn't getting anything.

this is a song i just recorded to show. did it in with 1024 buffer, which is like 25ms delay. regardless, pops are still there.

Code
    https://soundcloud.com/emalovespando/click-click-bang/s-BHfPe

i'm a little drunk. i just need to know how to wipe the memory, i think that will solve it.

it's only on the kemper tracks, but ya, i've completely wiped my drives, and recorded with no plugs and no other programs installed at more than 1024 buffer in multiple daws. i've tested every wire and every device, this issue is coming from the kemper. i'm going to try the init globals in the system menu. if it's just that one little button, at the very least i'll have learned how to go from clean drive to fully operational in under 3 hours

edit: the init globals didn't work.

........ for the record, i only hear the pops and clicks when recording to a daw. i don't hear them when listening through the kemper headphone jack (although i might - i'm listening really hard for it, sometimes hear one but could be hearing things), and i don't hear it when routed through my interface (not through a daw).

i hear it both from spdif and analog when recording on a daw.

wiped my drive 3 times and was almost on my way out for a new interface before i narrowed it down to the kemper

i'm getting pops and clicks from the kemper, and according to this line in the emergency section of the wikpa:

"A system and a MIDI reset didn’t help. Then I performed the Flash memory wipe as such (NOTE: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!!). After this your Profiler will be fresh, like new, and more importantly have cleaned out FLASH memory and should work flawlessly! All my problems have been solved meaning no noise, no popping, gain controls are perfect, output levels are perfect, high note aliasing noise gone."

... so to do the memory wipe is as follows:

- push and hold soft button 1 (top left above display) while switching on the unit into Tuner Mode;
    - keep pushing the button until the Booting Maintenance Mode message appears;
    - in Maintenance mode push Maintenance, Memory, Init Flash, Yes, Ok, and shut down;
    - start Profiler normally, enter your owner name at the end of the welcome sequence, then enter System Menu and push the Factory Rigs button. This will restore the factory rigs.

is this correct? if i've got a 'backup' on a flash drive, can i just do a restore, instead of pushing the Factory Rigs button to get the factory rigs back? thanks

but then, from another thread, is this:

first, please make a backup.
    to quickly delete a large number of rigs, use the 'Erase Non-Favorites' feature (SYSTEM, page 16)
    then, simply put a kaos.bin of the OS you want to install again in the root directory of your USB stick.switch the Profiler off,insert the USB stickpress and hold the < and > PAGE buttons and switch the Profiler on.
    hth

.... so i've currently got a kaos.bin in the 'os update' folder in my usb stick. do i just copy that outside of the folder?

ya. you know, all i'd like to do is hear what 96 sounds like compared to 44.1

but all i have is the 2 channel babyface, which is going to prove to be a pain, given i'd have to switch its outputs off of my monitors if i want to reamp, and switch its inputs if i want to record vocals.

whereas with spdif it's all nice and dandy, and all my templates are set up for it, and i wouldn't have to buy any more chords.

... maybe i'll get a new interface first.

OK cool thanks, so same as spdif. But I can't send out via spdif to reamp without messing with the sample rate, so basically I have no way to reamp if I want anything other than 44.1 right?

I would've paid the extra cash to have the kemper go up to 96, through optical spdif. I know they were trying to keep costs down to compete with whatever that other one is called.

I know there's no difference and yadda yadda yadda, but if it's there I've got to try it.

Well, I was kind of hoping for a negative, or for somebody to say some major change and that's about it.

I saw it loading rig 1 to 11, though maybe they were letting us load 11 rigs at a time for layering purposes.

I'm not going to bother to research it other that this

so i can bump my sessions up to 96. i have a babyface, which has 2 analog inputs

my daw template guitar tracks are all mono, and i've never used the kemper post-stack effects, so i don't see the point in changing all my tracks to stereo, and using both kemper main outs to go to both babyface inputs with the 'master stereo' setting.

i was thinking, if i want to maintain my reamping abilities, i could use the 'direct out' jack (would have to buy a cord with 1/4' and male xlr jack) with the 'Git Studio' setting for one babyface input, and then use one side of the kemper main outs, with the setting set to 'stack' to go to the other babyface input

would that work?

i don't know how i'd reamp it later, but i've only ever reamped recent sessions once, and am just looking to maintain that possibility by recording a dry track. i do have a lot of older stuff that i reamp occasionally, that i recorded using an amp sim in 44.1, but i could just bump everything back down to 44.1 and put the spdif back in to reamp and mix those tunes.