Can't upgrade to OS 2.3 beta.

• Hello,

I'm trying to update the Kemper' firmware, from 2.2.1 to 2.3beta but during "initialising update" the status froze and a bounch of second after the "KEMPER PROFILER" words appear and no other bit of life is coming out of the box.

Some idea?

tnx.

[edit] Now it's OK, only difference: disconnected the midi cable (fcb1010) from IN socket, and disconnected the guitar cable's jack from INPUT socket.

Flavio

• Turning the unit Off and On again started the device with the 2.2.1 firmware. Then repeating the update procedure (without any jack or DIN inserted) made the trick.

Now I'm running 2.3beta

Flavio

• I'm having similar problems: Firmware update is running until it reaches "49%, unpacking...", then stops for about 10 seconds and I get the error: "Update has failed", sometimes i can then press ok and the KPA is still running normally, sometimes it won't react anymore and just show me the "Kemper Profiler" Logo.
    Already tried removing all in and outputs (Jacks, XLR, Midi), but the problem stays the same.
    Anyone experiencing similar issues?

/Edit: Tried formatting the USB stick, resetting the KPA to factory, nothing helped, still the same problem.

Edited once, last by Thodin ().

• sounds like your download is corrupted. Try downloading the file again and make sure that you eject the stick properly from your PC using the Eject command. Simply unplugging it could corrupt the directory

• Ah, thanks, that solved the problem! Seems like my USB Stick was flawed. Sad thing is, that all my backups were on this stick and as I tried to restore after factory reset, it messed up some rigs and the favourite list is gone... happy sorting!

At least, 2.3 is now running :thumbup:

• it seems it was a long time from the last update, so the guys forgot how do that properly 8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)