Preview Mode?

• Yes. A previewed rig is not stored automatically in your KPA. You have to store it manually at the KPA itself or you can drag the previewed rig inside the rig manager to "My Profiler". What I didn't try yet is: When you preview a rig, change something (soundwise) and then drag it to "My Profiler"....are the changes then stored too?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Yes. A previewed rig is not stored automatically in your KPA. You have to store it manually at the KPA itself or you can drag the previewed rig inside the rig manager to "My Profiler". What I didn't try yet is: When you preview a rig, change something (soundwise) and then drag it to "My Profiler"....are the changes then stored too?

Thanks for the quick answer. Thats good to know, I´d be intrested in your question too!

I think yes, dragging a modified rig to the profiler means storing, incl. all the changes you made while the rig was in the buffer only.
    Can't try this ATM as I'm travelling.
    But you can easily test this yourself.

• Why is preview greyed out for me? It won't let me preview any rigs? I have windows 7 64bit. It lets me connect to rig exchange and download rigs but not preview them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

• Computer not recognizing profiler.

I can't get my profiler to connect. The drivers are installed. I saw a post where someone replaced the original driver from the RM with a coinstall driver, but I already see one in there.

I'm stumped. I turned on Automatic Updates. I restarted the computer and the Kemper in different combinations with the RM. Several times.

It's the 64-bit version for my Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Microsoft.NET4 framework installed, as it always has been. All my other devices work fine. I've tried all my USB ports (a few times each). I've tried a different USB cable. I'm plugged into the USB type B on the back of my Kemper rack unit. I am using BETA 2.3.3 9457. I've read through the forum.

I have no problems accessing the Rig Manager online. The connection reads "OK" in Preferences, and I can transfer them to a USB stick. All that works. But the Previews and everything associated with being connected between the Profiler and my PC is not working. There is no Profiler folder in the Locations of the RM and nothing shows in my device manager.

Any ideas would be appreciated, for sure. Thanks.

BTW: the computer makes a "New Hardware" sound each time I plug into a USB port; just no other signs of recognition.

Also, I now get a new subfolder under 'All Rigs' in Locations. It's called 'unnamed' and shows several rigs (509). To the left of it is a USB icon (???). So it's:

Local Library (with the monitor icon to the left)

Rig Exchange (with the cloud icon to the left)

unnamed (with the USB icon to the left)

• I think (maybe) the 509 rigs is the rig-content of your profiler. Make sure that the name of your profiler (somewhere in the system menu) is the same like in the RigManager-properties. Then there will be a folder inside RM called "My Profiler". Good luck!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think (maybe) the 509 rigs is the rig-content of your profiler. Make sure that the name of your profiler (somewhere in the system menu) is the same like in the RigManager-properties. Then there will be a folder inside RM called "My Profiler". Good luck!

i don't think so, the Profiler has an icon which looks similar to the head version - the USB icon is a drive or USB stick.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I checked the system info, but I'm not sure where the name of my system would be? There is a CPU ID for the Kemper in the 'Details' on page 10 of the System menu, just numbers and letters, though.

The USB icon does in fact just come up with the USB stick, now that you mention it.

And page 8 of the System menu shows 'Rig Managerment' where you can erase the Non-Favourites--not sure if that's at all related, but that's all that's on that page.

• Trainwrecktwostep -

your profiler does not mount when you start rig manager. it has nothing to do with the owner and device name which can be set in SYSTEM/Page 1/Soft Button 1. it is likely that you're dealing with a driver problem. best thing you can do is contact support by email.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here