Using Delay to create a pseudo stereo image

• Dear all!!

I 've a problem and can't find a solution within the Kemper. I need a delay effect which creates a "pseudo" stereo image especially for rythm sounds. In detail, the delay should represent the normal signal totally on one side (left or right) and on the other side a one repeat of the signal 3ms to 8ms delayed. I can create this effect in the stereo loop with a "cheap" ZOOM multieffect but i don't want to use this signal chain through the ZOOM.

So, maybe anyone has a solution for this??

Many thanks from Munich!!

Edited once, last by Holzbein ().

• WITH THE DELAY:
    You can use "Delay Ratio" to make the delay a little behind on just one side. Try 100% wet, with the shortest possible delay, and use Delay ratio to spread one channel slightly wider.

Have you played with PITCH? It can give you a more realistic "two guitars at once" effect than stereo delay, because the "other" guitar(s) can be detuned a little.

Also, from the manual (I've not tried this one):

Stereo Widener
    Not an equalizer in the traditional sense, but it does use equalisation to work its magic. By emphasizing certain frequencies on one stereo side, while attenuating them on the other, it creates a subtle stereo effect. This is done symmetrically, so that when the signal is summed to mono, the effect is completely canceled out with no coloration to the sound.
    Use “Intensity” to control the impact to the sound. At higher values of “Intensity” you can actually drive the sound out of phase; this is not a problem, however, as the sound still stays mono compatible.
    With “Tune”, you can tweak the effect to your taste by shifting the focus towards lower or higher frequencies.

• Thanks a lot for your hints!!

I'll try this, also the Pitch alternative sounds interesting!

I already tried the Stereo Widener but it did not work for my purpose. With the Kemper Delay, i could not get the "dry" signal just on one side. It stayed always in the middle. Maybe there is another solution with a panner or something before the Delay?

• If you set the Delay to the shortest possible value, with mix at 100%, and with Delay Ratio enabled, I think there will not be any "center" - just an extremely short delay on one side, and a slightly longer one on the other.

If it feels "off" at 100% mix, adding the center signal back in will tighten up the feel, and will sound a little more like three guitars, instead of two.

• Thanks, sounds great!

But here the solution for a real left(dry, no latency)/right(3-8ms Delay) split of the signal:
    Insert the stereo loop on "X", on the back connect "send" an only one of the "return" inputs. So, you have your signal on just one side. With the Delay in the Delay section it's now easy to do a one, some ms delayed, repeat on the other side.