Midi mate and Behringer FCB-1010 functionality with Kemper..

• I am (also) the lucky owner of a KPA unit.
    I am thinking of buying a Rocktron Midi Mate as footcontroller.
    My pick for the Midi Mate is to have the option of selecting the stomps using CC commands which the Midi Mate can.
    But then two questions arise which I hope someone can help me answer..

- Will the Midi Mate be able to display the status of the stomps when switching to a new patch ?
    A far as I have understood this is possible using the FCB-1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip.

- How are the build quality of the two pedals (analog) on the FCB-1010.?
    I have only seen them on pictures and they look somewhat flimsy opposed to a Mission expression pedal etc.
    I could go for the FCB-1010 but I am unsure of the durability of the two analog pedals.

Regards
    TF

• The connection between Midi Mate and Kemper is monodirectional, so Midi Mate send the commands to Kemper.
    You need to save the stomp states in Midi Mate presets and they will activate/deactivate the stomps in Kemper. If you manually change the state of the stomp on Kemper, that will not be automatically replicated in Midi Mate.

So the setting could be (I think you want it so):
    first row: 5 presets
    upper row: 5 effects from Kemper (via midi cc#) – eg.
    - Stomp A
    - Stomp B
    - Mod
    - Delay
    - Tap Tempo

examples:
    Preset 1: Profile PC (Midi Program Change) 10 / Stomp A ON / Stomp B OFF / mod OFF / delay ON / Tap Tempo
    Preset 2: Profile PC 21 / Stomp A OFF / Stomp B OFF / mod OFF / delay ON / Tap Tempo

It is important to say, that you can not change "stomp-mapping" per preset in Midi Mate eg. in Preset 1 you want to have in upper row Stomp A/Stomp B/mod/delay/tap, but in Preset 2 Stomp C/Stomp D/mod/delay/reverb. The mapping is fix for all presets.

In some way, I could not use the first preset in the first bank in midi mate (number 0). I think because 1 send pc0, 2 pc1 etc.

And the expression pedal (Roland 500L) did not work well connected to midi mate, but very well connected direct to Kemper.

• Hey MacO Satch. Thank you for your quick reply.

As I understand you :
    The top row switches will have to switch the same stomps (same CC addresses) throughout all presets (like you write, "mapping is fix for all presets"
    This doesent bother me that much.
    I know that if you switch the eeprom chip within the Midimate to the V1 board chip,
    there will be 10 CC switches on cost of the way you switch presets.
    I checked with Rocktron and they still sell the old V1 eeprom chip.
    I also think this too is the case with the FCB-1010 using the Uno4Kemper chip. (fixed CC mapping)

You mention that the expression pedal (Roland FV500L) did not work well on the Midimate.
    How did it behave ? Blind spots while activating the pedal or something else.?

If I choose to buy the Midimate for my Kemper I am seeking to buy a used wah pedal, modify it and use this as an expression pedal.
    What are the build quality of the switches on the MidiMate ?
    I have a Tech21 Midi Moose and this one is really built like a tank but it does not have the option of switching CC midi commands.

Regards
    TF

"You mention that the expression pedal (Roland FV500L) did not work well on the Midimate. How did it behave ? Blind spots while activating the pedal or something else.?"

so, the volume swell and wah operation were not smooth, stepless.

What are the build quality of the switches on the MidiMate ?

I would say very well and durable (I had Midi Mate for years, never had a issue), but I do not like the feel of them. Better to say, lack of feel.
    I like the classic metal buttons much more.

• OK,so I guess you use your expression pedal connected directly to the Kemper instead of through the MidiMate.
    I'll see if other users comments this thread especially on how the FCB-1010 board pedals are.

Regards
    TF

• I sold my MIDI MATE as i didn't like the need to programm everything from scratch. Got an FCB with U4K, works flawlessy. Build quality is ok, the Pedals are a bit quirky but for me it's ok as i do not use them much.

• the eureka prom is good as well. it will give you the half and half profile/stomps option

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• I have decided to go for the FCB-1010 with U4K chip as well.
    I like to have correct feedback on the status off the stomps on the LEDs on the FCB.
    Also I can see from the manual of the U4K that you can select from five sweep curves for each of the two
    the analog pedals in order to tailor your pedalsweeps to your liking.