Editing Rigs in Performance Mode

• Dear fellow users

I bought my Kemper a couple of weeks ago; I never got my head around the Line6 HD 500 and this new piece of equipment simply gives me a lot of joy and good sounds.

There's, however, some things I have not figured out and maybe somebody could give me some advice.

1. To create new sounds I would prefer to choose a specific amp (rather than a rig), tweak it and then add some stomps/effect as needed. Is there a way to select amps (and maybe have them sorted alphabetically) rather than choose rigs? (Or would I have to create some sort of an "amp library" which would basically mean to save the stack sections and get rid of the rest?)
    2. Once I have created/edited a patch I save it as a slot in performance mode to play with the band. Usually there's some tweaks to be made as we play, like gain/volume etc. Am I correct in saying that the only way to save these changes to the "rig in the slot" is to save the actual performance (which means I have to press the "store" button about four times) or is there a "shortcut" to just save patch to the slot?

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

All the best,

Matt

• There really are only Rigs.

So yes you need to create a library of Rigs/AMPS specific to your needs.

And yes you must always Save Changes

Now you can take a blank performance slot and push the Amplifier button and select a AMP from there with the browse knob and build from there.

Edited 4 times, last by troynova ().

• Thanks a lot for your help!

Does anybody else think these are "issues"/things that could be improved? Particularly the bit about storing "rigs" in performance mode?

• Guys, both in Performance Mode and in Browse mode you can change simply only the Amplification part, called Stack.
    You have to push the button Stack and than move the Browse knob, here you have two ways of changing Stack, one is using Stack Presets, the other is using the Stacks already included in the saved Rigs.

I use both of them regurarly and I use also often the LOCK feature to lock some stomps while I'm searching for the sound.

If you are interested in I suggest you to have in the KPA stored also some Stack Presets that can be very useful in the sound searching...
    Check also my FREE Stack Preset Collection here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…Amp%20STACK%20PRESETs.rar