Those coming from 11 Rack

• I own an 11R. Played a Kemper once on my setup and was blown away.
    Those who are lucky to own a Kemper, having previously owned an 11R, how do you compare the Kemper over the 11R?
    Also how did you use the Kemper now (FRFR)?

Thanks!

• Night.... Day. Just kidding.

Had an 11R and really enjoyed it. Great tones can be had. But... the profiler feels more like a real amp. I think this is especially true on those low to medium gain amps/profiles where there are a great deal of dynamics possible on the real amp. It is amazing to me how the Kemper shines at this but these are the kind of tones that I gravitate towards. However, those who play totally clean and those that play mostly high gain also seem to love it too. For me the 11R had a simple interface with lots of amp-like controls (knobs), allowed for sharing rigs with others, a nice computer interface, excellent/convincing tones and was fun to play. Aside from an editor on the computer, the Kemper beats it in all other categories, feel being the most important to me. Join us.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I had an 11R when they first came out. When I got my first Kemper it was in fact night and day difference in sounds. The 11R is a great piece of gear, but the cabinet models are not as good as they could have been. Lower gain stuff is great, higher gain stuff is ok. If you are using IRs for it, then it gets much better.

I think Avid could have continued developing the product more and making it even better by adding some new models. It's nice to see that the finally made a standalone editor for those users who continue to enjoy it.

• I bought an 11R after my Line6 X3 stopped working a while ago.

Initially I liked the device, but the kemper is much easier to control and get the sounds you want.
    So know I use it for teaching and some recording sessions, but my main device is the Kemper,
    my 2ct

Guitars, Bass and Electronics
    ·

• Everything has been said before and is 100% true. I loved my 11R for vocal recording though. Very convenient and powerful for this. As you know I was very involved at a moment in 11R community and another difference is the commitment of Kemper team to add new features for free to the KPA... The lack of support by Avid for the 11R killed me.

About feeling and so on, the main difference is through headphones. Here I could restitute faithfully the typical low end of my boogie IIC+. The M-2 failed in this area even if the E, B and G strings could had some magic with serious tweaking...