In search of the Holy Grail, Part XI, Gary Moore

• In search of the Holy Grail, Part XI, Gary Moore

Me again, hi there!
    i have the chance to check out a good les paul paul clone on wednesday. a chambered agile of a student of mine. so time is running short.
    could you please recommend a profile for recording "still got the blues", please? i have night shift tomorrow, absolutely no time on my hands
    and 15 minutes with the guitar on wednesday. but the backing tracks are finished, i am going to record just a couple of licks of one of my songs and
    a two-minute-version of "still got the blues". checking the two pickups. any hints are highly appreciated. thanx! :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi Geraldo!

I made this one some time ago without putting so much effort, with the idea to review one day :whistling: but never find the time ^^ , you can try it, at least it can be a good starting point, also on the effect section... I liked too the Gary Moore lead rig KoMa is talking about, so, it worth a try!

Gary Moore - Still got the blues (Maurizio70)

• Thank you one more time, dudes. I stole 90 minutes this morning and had time to check those 3 rigs.

• the one from maurizio (thank you once again, forza italia)
    • the one from milla
    • another one i found in the RE by typing "moore"

All of them brought me right to the ballpark soon. while i would prefer the MiLLa Marshall without effects with my main axe, the HB only charvel.
    but then again, what is really the trick behind moore´s famous sound on "Still got the blues" effects wise? someone in the know?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Check out the Cornford Carrera series from Author "AWR" on the RigExchange. There's about 12 profiles from clean to screaming. Absolutely wonderful tones. Neck PUP into that and you'll get close!

J