New: Metal Recording Pack

• my main idea is simply. - pro commercial profiles - must have a pro demos
    for example - if I made the opinion on profiles by the mixes of noxtherox, i never would buy this profiles.
    unfortunately, from all metal commercial profiles ,i listened only one pro demo from Stymphalian productions...
    the author of any commercial profiles has to be the first interested person for good demos of the goods
    otherwise - it is a bad buisness based on newbies.

He makes a good point here.

• Not quite agree with that :D . One good demo says little about the quality of the profiles. For me it is still one good sounding demo :thumbup: .
    But as in my case, I try to show how the sound of my profiles on various DI tracks. I'm not an sound engineer , but I try to show how they sound. If it sounds to me pretty well, this is for professional sound even better :thumbup:

I feel a little left out with what I'm doing hahaha :D

Have Fun and Stay Metal!

• But in this case the profile pack is specifically about recording and its ability to function well in a mix. You only have to listen to stems on commercial recordings to see that the guitars that work great in the mix don't sound particularly good on their own

I think there are pros and cons to both approaches but in this specific case its all about the profiles ability in a recording.

• sinmix

alone guitar may sound perfectly , especially then you listen it without strong comparison and critical listening
    in the mix - same guitar can be absolutly unusable.
    for example - when I bought kemper , couple of years ago
    i bought all metal profiles from ampfactory - most of them - now obsolete , because - they unusable and they all need change of cab
    many free profiles from exchange sound much better
    question , who need to pay for this ?

imho - ability of recording - it is main puprose of any profiles , profiles which shine on good mix - will shine on stage
    many great bands today using this approach on live situations . trivium and others .
    otherwise, profile who need a strong posteq , hard tweaking for mix - is a bad profile...

i bought all metal profiles from ampfactory - most of them - now obsolete , because - they unusable and they all need change of cab
    many free profiles from exchange sound much better
    question , who need to pay for this ?

+1 :thumbup:

otherwise, profile who need a strong posteq , hard tweaking for mix - is a bad profile...

+2 :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm not saying that the higain TAF profiles are bad - but not what I expected. So I decided to make my own pack. I thought that they were so good that it is worth their "share" with other users. I also think like you that there are many great sounding free profiles. As I mentioned earlier the word "metal" became magical. Because what they are metal profiles? For me it is the appropriate selection of amplifiers and cabinets, the corresponding "afterburning" TS or as in my case MXR. Well, For me the most important is the appropriate selection of microphones and their position. 90% success :thumbup: .

Stay Metal!

• Well my first "metal" pack may not have been a good candidate for the faithful metal guys.. as I was the first to admit, I was "out" of my comfort zone, metal and the way you dial stuff in/need is way beyond my scope as a blues guy. - the ENGL pack I had help with so its better in lots of ways, however, the first one, its not to say its bad either, as I know a lot of folk who have used it to great lengths. - each to own etc. - but Im fine with the punishment given. my name is not jack, and I do have limits!

And also another reason why I wont be doing metal profiles anymore. - its just not me, I tried, I failed. lesson learnt and this does more harm than good, - there are plenty of others here that do much better job at that than me. so I'll leave them too it, running a business is largely to do with fan base/credit & appreciation, and I don't want to loose what a amazing crowd I have worked so hard at getting.

Plus you as a "seller" sinmix should not be puting down other "sellers" work, as this is of course of benefit to yourself, regardless if you paid for it or not, you lost that right after you opened your doors.

• and44
    you are absolutely right .

profiles for metal must be made by metal guy , pro metal guy who nows how tweak amps ,and mics to reach a perfect sound
    not a home guitarist (amateur ) , a serious sound engineer like sneap ,colin richardson or somebody pro skilled.

• profiles for metal must be made by metal guy , pro metal guy who nows how tweak amps ,and mics to reach a perfect sound
    not a home guitarist (amateur ) , a serious sound engineer like sneap ,colin richardson or somebody pro skilled.

Unfortunately, I feel that this never happens ;(

But if that happens, I'm on top of the list for Sneap profiles :thumbup:
    Stay Metal!

• Plus you as a "seller" sinmix should not be puting down other "sellers" work, as this is of course of benefit to yourself, regardless if you paid for it or not, you lost that right after you opened your doors.

yep, that was a cheap shot. Shouldn't be happening amongst people that provide commercial profiles.
    and besides Andys Uberschall and Diezel Herbert, also the Orange Thunderverb are perfect for styles from rock to metal and can easily compete with people who only offer metal profiles.
    Also Armins profiles cause there are plenty of great demos and I think that Armin and Andy have really proved over time that they deliver superb amp proifles. no questions about that.

please don't let this turn into a trollboard. criticism is fine but they way it has been articulated in this thread is highly questionable.

and I think it would make Armin quite happy if we'd return to the threads topic ;)

Plus you as a "seller" sinmix should not be puting down other "sellers"
    work, as this is of course of benefit to yourself, regardless if you
    paid for it or not, you lost that right after you opened your doors.

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/gify/0adb5ee28286.gif]

Nowhere wrote that your profile is bad, I wrote that I was looking for something different, you have a very nice profile of 6505. I do not claim that my profiles are the best in the world! If someone like this as a sound mixes, it will buy them. That's all.
    Peace and Love :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Nowhere wrote that your profile is bad, I wrote that I was looking for something different, you have a very nice profile of 6505. I do not claim that my profiles are the best in the world! If someone like this as a sound mixes, it will buy them. That's all.

You agreed with another user's post that the TAF profiles were "obsolete", "unusable" and questioning "why anyone would pay" for them. I would consider that worse than just saying they are bad. Man up and move on.

You agreed with another user's post that the TAF profiles were
    "obsolete", "unusable" and questioning "why anyone would pay" for them. I
    would consider that worse than just saying they are bad. Man up and
    move on.

I paid for it, and I do not understand why I can not have them your opinion as a user Kemper?
    People what is wrong with you? I tried to be gentle in expressing his opinion.
    But if you really want to hear it, so I'm not a fan Higain profiles from TAF! Better?

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/gify/out.gif]

As a Kemper user has nothing more to say!
    Stay Metal whoever you are!

• nakedzen
    nope, only feared mix is practise
    other two is commercial releases (full albums) , done by me

JHERCULEES1"
    growling ,screaming - is a standart type of vocal for this type of music)

sorry off topic guys ,,,i just miss Iron maiden scorpions judas priest ,dokken type of stuff and those vocals, , when someone says "screaming" i think of that type of metal vocals actually singing a note but loud and proud

Maybe Im stuck in the 80s forever , oh well it was a great time for guitar shredders!

• Artembankin,
    Your scope is too narrow. You are not the only Kemper user and the Kemper is not only for people that do mixing/mastering. Profiles are not just for the goal you described.
    When evaluating a profile, some of us would also like to hear what "non-professional" or "amateur" users can create. If they can create something with potential, using their limited resources, then I can extrapolate that to fit my skills and expectations. Not all of us base our buying decisions on one single perfectly mixed demo. If you cannot evaluate the quality of a tone from his demo, and require a perfect mix to ascertain usefulness, then perhaps your skills need some improvement.

My point in addressing you was that, your songs and mixing abilities are not perfect. They are above average. So to beat your chest and degrade someone else's contribution only accomplishes two things: it discourages other "amateur" users from making demos, and, it makes you look like a big douche.

Neither of those outcomes are good, so maybe your negative thoughts and opinions are better kept to yourself. Not all of us are only interested in perfectly mixed demos and appreciate what more common users are able to contribute.