Profiling Access Virus distorsions

• Hi over there,

two days ago I´ve shown a befriended studio owner my kpa. I know him for a long time and at the moment his affinity to his Access Virus starts to grow deeper.

So what happened? We´ve made some music (hard industrial eletronica with bitcrushed guitars and some softer electronics with some saucy oldschool guitars and so on), and yes, he was excited.

And then:
    We decided to connect the KPA to the Virus FX-sendreturn (which, for those who don´t know is among other things a very well known synth for it´s great distortions) and we goddamn profiled the Virus... for about three hours. And there come out very pretty nice damage. Nothing sounded like an amp. All was VERY artificial. Some sounds where so artificial that they just are so damn cool inspiring.

Update: The Rigs are now available. Search for Tandrin (Author) or Virus (Amp). My beloved Dragon and Kitty Hawk are there too. Check them out if you like modern sounds.

What I mainly want to say: Experiment! Profile everything that has an in and an out

Yah, it´s damn cool to have an original sounding dadawahwah123XYZ (3000). But look further. There are soooo many things to experiment with. To create (NOT copy) very unique tones that even merely sound like an guitar.
    I know, you can´t profile phasers, choruses or other timepending-fx. DO IT ANYWAY. Don´t think you may get that sound (forget A to B match and refining :)), but maybe you got something other. Some filters change frequencyresponse, the IR or whatever in an completly unpredictabel way.

Oh damn, I love this thing. I love my big tubeamp, I love my small damn old tubeamp, specially in winter when it´s cold. But I love the things nobody every heard before, too.

Edited 4 times, last by Tandrin ().

• The Rigs are now available. Search for Tandrin (Author) or Virus (Amp). My beloved Dragon and Kitty Hawk are there too. Check them out if you like modern sounds.

have fun with it!