New Kemper, very impressed!

• All I can add to this is time.. at first its all overwhelming. but although I hate this terminology "snapshot" this is pretty much what it is.. the amp dialed in, the mic setup just right and then that sound profiled.. even if the amp was setup to sound perfect though a strat, your strat my be totally different and have a negative impact on the sound, its all about after tweeks, and learning what it is you want to tweak to get the right sound for you and your equipment. - its very rare, that for example, my rig will be identical to yours, or the next etc. - profiles are a good template, especially if its an amp you like,

Definition, Pre/Post EQ, Clarity, and the front panel EQ knobs are always a good place to start...focus your time in trying to get expression out of one, and don't be afraid to go to extreme's....Profiles are not designed to fit all shoes!.

I have lots of guitars, and I have to always tweek the Profiles I use for the guitar I use at the time, there is no easy way around this...but you soon discover what you need and it becomes quick and easy..

Peace
    A

• Also, are you keeping cabs profile on or off?
    Apart from this, keep in mind your Atomic is not linear at all, and will colour the sound in a way that might not suit your tastes.
    If you can, try other cabs, and headphones as well. You'll find that each of them sounds different...

• Thx for replies, all very helpful. I'll start exactly where you suggest Andy. Makes sense to follow the advice of someone so experienced!

Viabcroce, I am keeping the cabs on, if I turn them off they really don't sound good. Is the Yamaha dxr10 that people talk about a lot on this site better, more linear, than the Atomic? I can always return the Atomic if that's likely to be colouring the sound so much.

• . Is the Yamaha dxr10 that people talk about a lot on this site better, more linear, than the Atomic? I can always return the Atomic if that's likely to be colouring the sound so much.

This is difficult to answer. I'm not sure if Atomicamps have published data for the reactor series. Best would be you'd do a side-by-side comparison.

• thx for the reply Ingolf. I think I'll stick with the Atomic for now as I'm starting to find some very useable tones. Definitely useful advice above, which I will experiment with even more later. Need to get those AF packs sounding good, as they aew sweet amps!

• Ok, I've just spent about an hour with a DXR10 and what a difference. All those boxy, muddy profiles are sounding good already and with some tweaking am sure they'll sound great. Atomic Reactor heading back to the shop!