Lets share FX presets

• Hey guys.

I was searching for some nice FX Presets but could not find anything but Maurizos startup-pack. btw: great pack! :thumbup:
    So i tought, we could make an fx presets thread and collect the presets.

I do not mean to type the settings, but to link the files. (dropbox or somethiong like that - carefully named presets too!)
    And from time to time we could make some sortet packs like: KPA-Delay-Pack, or KPA-Reverb-Pack or, ... and update them here. (Even special packs like - KPA-U2-DelaysAndReverbs or KPA-BreadAndButter-Overdrives, KPA-Floydish-Pack ...)

The reason why i search for Presets is that the parameters are not very intuitive for me. - I programm a lot of atmospheric Delays and Reverbs with my Line6 M13 or my boutique FX (Empress, Strymon, ...) but i'am not able to get these things from scratch with the kemper fx section. - last week i found a setting for my particle reverb (M13) an my LoRes Delay (M13) with the kemper delay and reverb by try and error. These setting i want to share with you. (Have to copy them first out of a backup ... - C.K. - please make a greater Software than only the rig manager ... the kemper deserves it to become a better software than the little lowquality products like line6. also think about an ipad app for instant parameter tweaking.)

So i would be proud if we all could share our fx settings! :)

and if someone has great atmosphere and postrock delay and reverb settings i would be very happy.

best regards, i will post my first presets soon.

• This sounds awesome! I was just thinking how it would be great if the KPA offered a particle reverb like Line 6. They have great reverbs and delays, but I know the KPA could probably have similar effects, such as the much requested reverse delay on these forums.

Also, Controll, will you just be posting the setting parameters, or is there a way to post actual files? Looking forward to it!

• i am working on the particle preset. - the problem is my non-understanding of the delay reverb mix parameter in the reverb section. - so i thought -100% will effect the dry signal only, 0% will effect dry and wet signal of the delay in the same way (like an stompbox usually does) and +100% will effect the delay repeats only?

but this don't act like described, especially for an particle setting. - always i turn the delay on, the effect differs from only using the reverb, so i could not get the steady particle reverb wether i have delay on or off ...

can anyone explain this parameter for me? (i have it at 0% (12o clock) - and i thought it would behave like a normal reverb stomp on my fx board.) - mix parameter for the reverb only affects the dry/wet mix, but the delay destroys the sound of the reverb module. (adds length and mud to the reverb. - more than wanted. and more than the delay was set to.) - it simply changes the response of the reverb. - yes i know, delay adds repeats and with this repeats more reverb, but i acts in an other way than my stomp effects do...

• Honestly, I don't understand it either. I tried fiddling with delay settings yesterday and was expecting feedback to be the number repeats, but once you cross 100%, it literally becomes like actual feedback - maybe it's even more feature-rich than a normal delay's number of repeats knob.

Anyone able to help answer Controll's questions?

• Don P has shared some excellent EQ and Delay settings. I bet a search here and TGP would turn them up, if someone wants to add them here.

But they aren't profiles, just written settings and directions, which is fine by me, either way.

• Honestly, I don't understand it either. I tried fiddling with delay settings yesterday and was expecting feedback to be the number repeats, but once you cross 100%, it literally becomes like actual feedback - maybe it's even more feature-rich than a normal delay's number of repeats knob.

Anyone able to help answer Controll's questions?

That is how delay feedback usually works. Feedback means that you send some of the output from the delay back into the input again. At 0% you send nothing, at 50% you send it at half the volume, and at 100% you send the output directly into the input again. This does increase the lenght of time before the delay dies out, but its not working in a "number of repeats" fashion. As you cross the 100% line, it begins to feedback in way that feedback occurs in a live show setting. A loop.

i am working on the particle preset. - the problem is my non-understanding of the delay reverb mix parameter in the reverb section. - so i thought -100% will effect the dry signal only, 0% will effect dry and wet signal of the delay in the same way (like an stompbox usually does) and +100% will effect the delay repeats only?

but this don't act like described, especially for an particle setting. - always i turn the delay on, the effect differs from only using the reverb, so i could not get the steady particle reverb wether i have delay on or off ...

can anyone explain this parameter for me? (i have it at 0% (12o clock) - and i thought it would behave like a normal reverb stomp on my fx board.) - mix parameter for the reverb only affects the dry/wet mix, but the delay destroys the sound of the reverb module. (adds length and mud to the reverb. - more than wanted. and more than the delay was set to.) - it simply changes the response of the reverb. - yes i know, delay adds repeats and with this repeats more reverb, but i acts in an other way than my stomp effects do...

When you have the delay-rev mix knob all the way to the left, at -100%, you will only apply reverb to your dry guitar sound, not the delay repeats. When you have it at 100%, all the way to the right, you will apply no reverb to your dry guitar sound, only to the delay repeats. All the positions in between are simply blending volume of those two extremes.

Edited 2 times, last by Jesper ().

• at them moment (not 100% yet)

Mix: 22%
    Del+Rev Balance: 33%
    Time: 9.2
    Damping: 1.9
    Predelay: 109ms
    Bandwidth: 3.0
    Frequency: -0.8
    Ducking +0.0 (Important! There is also an -0.0 Step that is acting in an other way. - strange that 0.0 are two settings)
    Volume: 0.0

Best regards.

• I've really wanted to delve deeper into the effects, so great to have a thread on it, I look forward to see how this develops.

Indeed!!!

But it would be nice if we could attach files of saved FX settings on this thread, instead of writting down the settings and then adjust them manually in the KPA.

It would be better yet if the admin created a database for upload/download these files, in a separate FX section in the Rig Exchange.

Just my 2 cents...

:thumbup:

• These are settings posted by Rescator of Andy's reverb settings in Pack #8. BTW Andy gave his permission to post them so I thought I'd copy and paste them here as it seemed appropriate:

Following polite Kempermaniac request .
    From left to the right , Andy's Reverb from Pack 8 is going something like this , and sounds fucking good :
    Mix : 12,9%
    Delay + Rev Balance : 12% (this can make a difference, be careful , what I am doing is to switch off any delay) )
    Time : 6.6
    Dumping : 2,3
    Pre Delay : 4 ms
    Bandwith : 2.0
    Frequency : 2.4
    Ducking : zero
    Volume : minus (zero )
    Why do I like this Reverb so much?
    It remains me on rehearsals I had with my band in old days (say in the middle of 70's ), in our small ( and only one) City cinema /theatre hall.
    Some seriously big and thick curtains was hanging on the stage , making our sound , which started as big , to suddenly finish its journey and to vanish in those vampire red curtains ....I've learn thing or two about room Reverb,reflection and curtains damping effect during that time....
    Enjoy
    Cheers,
    Zoran

• But it would be nice if we could attach files of saved FX settings on this thread, instead of writting down the settings and then adjust them manually in the KPA.

It would be better yet if the admin created a database for upload/download these files, in a separate FX section in the Rig Exchange.

Just my 2 cents...

Agreed! +1 :thumbup:

• There are 5 different Reverbs, which one is being used in these settings?

• Indeed!!!

But it would be nice if we could attach files of saved FX settings on this thread, instead of writting down the settings and then adjust them manually in the KPA.

Make a backup, change the Backup file to RAR.
    Unzip and all the Reverb, Delay, Effects files are there.
    Drop them or one into a Dropbox folder and share it on this thread.

Obviously not Commercial Profile FX files, but all others.

For example.
    Here's a Reverb file created by Manfred Franzkowiak.
    Put it into your Shared folder and Import into your KPA.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…52%20-%20Reverb%20MF.kipr