• BluGuitar is an invention of German guitar-player Thomas Blug and again something interesting coming from Germany ;)

The Amp 1 (Nanotube 100) basically is a small pocket-tube-amp with 4 channels (modern, classic, vintage, clean) and some extra features like "custom control". There are special small tubes used ("Nanotube") featuring 100 watts, so it's a "real" tube amp you can play like a top with a cab or with cab-simulation direkt to desk/P.A.

There's also a remote control available ("Remote 1") and a "BluGuitar" (Blueguitar 61 masterbuilt) based on Blug's original '61 Fender strat, it comes with Kloppmann pickups and is limited to 61 units.

Seems to be a further development of tube amps, using very small tubes with a lot of power, 100 watts for that small box is impressive. It could be that "Nanotube"-technology was developed by Hughes & Kettner, Thomas Blug is a long-time endorser for H&K. Anyway, very interesting product and it will be available soon.

For sure it can be profiled like any other tube-amp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• "100 watt class D tube poweramp" :D

For me is this NOT a tube amp.

But I did not play this thing yet - just watched Thomas play it at Music Messe this year.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• "100 watt class D tube poweramp" :D

For me is this NOT a tube amp.

But I did not play this thing yet - just watched Thomas play it at Music Messe this year.

Maybe "Nanotube" is a mixture of tube and transistor, I couldn't find detailed informations about it on the webside. The "Amp 1" offers a built-in powersoak, 8 and 16 ohm speaker outs and "pure analog 100 W", some tubes must be inside.

Here's an interview about it .

ingo: Without the optional "Remote 1" it doesn't make sense to play the "Amp 1" live. The BluGuitar-stuff will be available next month, this will sort out some questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Also there is an extra piece of gear for the Amp1 called "Midi1". It's for connecting the Amp1 with a common Midi-Footcontroller.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Also there is an extra piece of gear for the Amp1 called "Midi1". It's for connecting the Amp1 with a common Midi-Footcontroller.

That's true, seems to be a lot of stuff to carry around, even the Amp1 is small, there are still no effects.

That's what I like about the KPA, just one Midi-Footcontroller and that's all. BluGuitar seems to be a totally different concept, it's more like a pocket sized amp-top, you still need remote/footcontroller, effects, cabs ect.

• are you going to compare apples with pears??

No, not really, BluGuitar is a different system, but this is a KPA-forum.

My personal opinion: if I want to play a "real" tube-amp, I'll stay with my small set-up (Blues Junior-combo + some pedals), there's no improvement for me to have more tools and more cables on stage. On my small pedalboard there's everything I need: Voodoo Lab Power Supply, T.C. Reverb + Chorus, Strymon Timeline-Delay, Fulltone Fatboost + OCD, TC Polytune. Sometimes I add a Fulltone Clyde Wah (or Mad Professor Auto Wah).

Nevertheless for somebody else the BluGuitar-system could be interesting.

• As for a small and portable amp the BluGuitar-system could be great. I did not have my hands on it right know. After having a lot of fun with my Kemper for about three weeks I am looking forward for the next rehersal with my trusted tiny (and heavy) Rack system... :)

• Seems like a lot of money for a hybrid amp... might be more potent to just buy an EHX 44 Magnum and slap it in the back of a 1x12 cabinet or on your pedal board and connect it to your profiler...

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Seems like a lot of money for a hybrid amp... might be more potent to just buy an EHX 44 Magnum and slap it in the back of a 1x12 cabinet or on your pedal board and connect it to your profiler...

I like it simple and I don't like too many tools and cables on stage, if you want to play the BluGuitar with effects, you'll need the amp, a cab, the remote and the effects plus all the cables.

• I'm still not feeling it... The BT is roughly $900 and for that I can buy a Silverface Deluxe or Pro Reverb.. or many other fine amps that are pure tube, not a hybrid... I don't see it's considered a god deal.. I bought my KPA unit used for $1200.. why not just save a coulpe of hundred more and buy another KPA for the road??

Gettin' funky up in here..