Kemper A/D converters.

• what is the core sound? by definition... how could it be different from prerformance mode or browse mode? don't they use the same profiles?

I think this is about Profiler mode vs. Browse mode.
    In the Profiler mode, there is a slightly higher latency - which is understandable, I think - after all, this is where the magic happens. :)

• ok....try this...

@OP:

Im not 100% sure what you mean by "ticky tacky", are you referring to actual very faint "tick" sounds? As in, phonetically sound like a "tck"?

Ive gotten them before....and IME the issue is usually one of the following:

1 - Kemper not set to be the master clock! Doh! Its an easy one to forget! :)

2 - The pickups in your guitar being hotter than your last guitar, for which your input profile is set to. I have setup an individual profile for most of my guitars.
    IME, active pickups are almost always hotter than passive, and as such, required more reduction of the clean input.

3 - Gain. Yes, individually a roaring profile can sound immense (ie, AWESOME!) but Ive been recording for years (and other bands) and one think that ALWAYS always always always always
    (did I mention "always"? ;) ) gets newbiews and even some experienced pros from time to time, is too much gain.
    If you record a single take of a guitar with high gain, it can still sound ok. But double track that guitar, hard pan them left and right and you get mush!
    The solution? Turn the gain down. Way down in some cases! Turn it down until the clean sound starts breaking through, then stop, and turn the gain up a little from that point.
    That is your "recording gain". Live, feel free to crank it up a bit more, but for recording, the less gain you use, the clearer your tone in most recording cases.

People often think that the "heaviness" of a song is the guitar tone.....its not. (sorry guys!) Well, ok it is a little, but in my experience 70-80% of the perceived "heaviness" of a song comes from the bass and drums. The rest is guitar, singer, synthesiser, bass-synthesiser, digereedoo, whatever else! :)

Obviously this is more applicable to metal and heavier tones, but can also apply for general rock too.

4 - and I hate to say this and risk insulting you, but in the interest of helping you....
    is your pick technique good? Are you accidentally and unknowingly brushing the top of the pickup/guitar/some-part-of-the-guitar when you strike a chord?
    I saw this problem with a young band I was recording about a year ago. Decent band, but the guitarist had this odd habit of just ever so slightly brushing his pick off the pickup now and again. It led to some noise I tells you! A "self-taught" lad, like a lot of us here.... I guess bad habits can seep in easily!

Not intending to seem insulting, just maybe try to check your playing to ensure that the issue is not something more fundamental.

5 - IME, with gain-ier tones, there can be inevitable ticks and pops in the recording. But the thing is, it is there in about 99% of "professionally released" albums out there!!!
    The issue is, as a listener, you never ever notice it, but when you learn as a producer/mixer engineer what to listen for, the issue is quite common! (and ruins music for you too, but I digress... :) )
    Anyways, this happened to me a few months ago...its your ear naturally "learning" and getting better at being a producer/engineer....

however....

it too now brings with it a new skill you must/should/will learn....which is knowing when you are now hearing a "genuine" issue, or whether you are (as I like to put it) "listening past the music".
    I.e., are you hearing genuine ticks and issues? or are you hearing those very subtle pops and clicks that you as a more experienced engineer can now hear, but never heard before?

Me? I'm still learning this new lesson. I love being able to now hear things that I never heard before, but also am still learning when I'm listening past the music.
    This has often led to hours of "fixing" issues, those little subtle clicks, only to have no one notice what the heck I had done! - read: I wasted 3 hours "fixing" something that was never audible to 99.99999999% of the general listening public!
    Anyways, the more you record the better it gets and you get to know what is a genuine issue and what is not, and this also makes you more confident and faster.

I'm writing more here than I imagined, but I hope this helps.
    I adore my Kemper. It has sped up playing and recording for me, but take a bit of time with it.
    No device, whether it cost you $200, $2000, or $2000000 will sound amazingly perfect as to what you had in your head essentially "out-of-the-box".
    Give it a bit of time, learn it a bit better and how its functions translate to your desires, and I've no doubt you'll be recording as intended before long. :thumbup: