Space parameter ???

• Hello,

What is the difference between the SPACE control knob at the bottom of the outpout screen and the "Checkbox" headphone space located at the top ?
    It semms that changing SPACE parametre modify sound and Activate "Headphone space" modify sound too....

I'm a little bit confused...

Thanks for your help !

Michael.

• OK, but if i turn the space control, sound is modified and if i turn on the HEadphone space, sound is different....
    Why are there 2 controls for the same things, it's strange, no ?

Normally, space paramater souldn't have any effect until the Headphone space swtich is on, right ?

• OK, but if i turn the space control, sound is modified and if i turn on the HEadphone space, sound is different....
    Why are there 2 controls for the same things, it's strange, no ?

Normally, space paramater souldn't have any effect until the Headphone space swtich is on, right ?

How are you listening to the KPA just through headphones??, and have you got a speaker/DAW connected to the the main outs??

I use the space effect on the main outs in to my bands mixing desk which is then routed to my in ear monitors and the knob is turned to 4 which I find is just the right amount

Without the space effect button pressed its only on the main outs IIRC with the button pressed its on headphones only :)

• OK, then, does this work for direct out too (applies to any used output) or just main out? The effect is so subtle it's hard to tell but it seems to me it works on monitor output as well which is what I use.

Also, it looks like it only applies if used for a stereo output setup; that's probably why they are saying to use it with main outputs only since those can be stereo.
    "Needless to say, the monitor signal must be supplied in stereo for Space to have the desired effect."

If I use the dxr10, through monitor out, it seems this effect will not be in place?

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• QUOTE:

Space
    The “Space” parameter adds a small room simulation to the master signal. This makes listening through headphones far more enjoyable.
    A brief explanation: whenever you listen to a sound coming from loudspeakers, you are also hearing the reflections from the floor, the walls and objects around you. Even when you listen to a mono signal, these additional reflections
    Output/Master Section 33
    will still result in a stereo image once they reach your ears. There is only one common situation where no natural reflections happen, and that is when you listen through headphones; as your ears are, biologically speaking, not suited to this, it can quickly lead to listener fatigue. This effect is called “in-the-head localization”, and becomes particularly noticeable when you listen to a mono signal.
    By using the Space effect, you can add virtual reflections, to create a sense of room and natural space. A mono signal will be converted to a subtle stereo image, which should be far more pleasing to your ears. Even though this effect is designed for headphones, you may also find it appropriate for listening through regular speakers, or for recording. By pressing the “Headphone Space” soft button, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE OUTPUT only, or to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well.
    You can also apply the Space effect to individual Rigs, rather than activating it globally in the Output Section. In this case, simply use the TYPE knob to select it in either the X or MOD effect.
    The Space effect is also very useful for improving the sound of in-ear monitors on stage. Unfortunately, in most situations, both stage-monitoring and FOH are derived from the MAIN OUTPUTS - as a result, the effect will appear on the main PA as well. As long as you use Space at a suitably low Intensity, it will not be noticeable on the PA sound, but will still create a reasonable effect on your in-ear monitors. Needless to say, the monitor signal must be supplied in stereo for Space to have the desired effect.

UNQUOTE

Someone check this on the Monitor out - I can't do that for several hours.