Please help me...

• ...to get this tone !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoR5915bFBU
    starts at 0:23

He says he's using a russian big muff with the sustain tone at 100%.
    I also know he's on the neck pickup.

OK i have the russian big muff and I can get pretty close to the riff part.
    Yet for the rhythm part , i have tried numerous amp and settings, but i always get something too muddy, impossible to get as tight as he is.
    I've come to a point I supect he's using dual amps...
    Any idea ?

It's played like this :

(Drop C# )

e|------------------||-----------------|
    B|------------------||-----------------|
    G|------------------||-----------------|
    D|7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-||575-5-7---575----|
    A|5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-||---------------7-|
    E|0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-||-----------------|

• have you tried not using your pedal and just trying different pedals in the kemper?
    I am no expert on copying other peoples tones, but it doesn't sound like anything special to me. It just sounds like some kind of fuzz pedal into an amp.of course, the guitar is going to make a difference too. I think the pedals in the kemper sound pretty good and I would think you would be able to get pretty damn close to that tone all in the box so to speak. just taking a guess, but I would guess that at least 75% of the distortion you are hearing is coming from the pedal. Good luck

• Hi dude, thanks for your help !

Well i tried:
    - Big muff russian (real pedal)
    - Big Muff US (real pedal)
    - Black arts toneworks Pharaoh (real pedal)
    - Black arts toneworks LSTR (real pedal)
    - Kemper muffin
    - Kemper fuzz
    - Big muff and fuzz face effects of my zoom multistomp pedal (very good quality effects in there)

I tried them
    - in front of the kemper
    - in the effects loop in the X slot
    - at various settings
    - with various amp profiles, at any stage of gain

I just can't get the fuzzy & tight low end rythm part

• Thanks for the insight, Ididn't know about the bit shaper and the virus rig. Even if it doesn't give my wanted tone, it seems to be a nice way to dirty up a signal.

• Thank you Tyler. I've tried that today.
    True it gives a nice sound to the rhythm part, but it is too noticeable when comes the riff (I had to make it at least 30%).
    I tried the ducking paramater to better control when the effects kicks in and out, but i couldn't make it work to my taste.

• Sounds like you could get that low end by tweaking your EQ. Maybe you'd like to accentuate the low end in the cab for some of that "boom" in his signal, which almost seems like an octaver, except for the single note stuff.

Remember, the key to this is getting the initial tone close to his. There are plenty of Blackstar profiles available. try those. Add your pedal in front of the profiler or in a loop in one of the FX slots. Tweak the cabinet characteristics to get in the ballpark range, then use the controls on the front. Might want to add an EQ slot as well for fine-tuning.

Best of luck!