Issues with very quiet input in recording (Noob questions)

• Before I get ripped to shreds telling me "You bought and kemper and don't even record etc....!". I bought a kemper for live use and I really like it. Issue is I suck at recording and I'm giving it another go. So my issue I'm running a jack to jack cable out of the main output from the kemper and into the front of my focusrite scarlett set up as a line level. Now I have gone through all the kemper output setting and maxed them including the profiles volume and master output set to 10 i.e everything I can to get sound and the scarletts input is maxed. What I get is a very weak signal and the input signal light doesn't even come on when I play. According to reaper I'm getting -24db when the channel gain is set to normal default value.
    So where's all the sound vanished? Any ideas?

• hello and welcome!

well...let's trouble shoot...did you set the master to mono? I am assuming you are running only 1 output from the KPA to your interface? how's the internal routing in your interface? any signal or faders down? is the -20 db Pad enabled on your interface?

• I am constantly amazing when I try a different cable and my world suddenly feels alot louder. I'm still not out of the woods, I now have the huge world of painful record ahead of me. I will be back with another issue.

• So, there a large variety of volumes on the kemper no where do I go?
    On the profile there is a volume for the amp settings, a volume in general, master volumes and load of volumes on the outputs pages. So where do begin in getting great levels?

• Set your instrument level (and Clean Sens) so that Input LED doesn't become red. If you have more than an instrument, with different output levels, save the Input settings per guitar and re-calibrate the input for the next guitar. Save etc.

Set each rig's volume (which is equally Volume, cab volume, fx
    volume... whatever, they are on the same hierarchical level) so that the Output LED doesn't get red but occasionally.
    Note: if raising the gain of an amp the output LED starts blinking, Dist Sens is too high in comparison to Clean Sens.

Now set the Master volume as high as possible, so that your soundcard's input doesn't clip, and your soundcard's output high so that your recording software doesn't clip.

Done :)