wikpa.org gone ?

• Ah... in the thread on "SPDIF with slave clocking" The chap who registered the wikpa site (Lightbox) had a difference of opinion with CK and said the following... (I've left the context out-it's a long thread)

...is one of the main reasons why my motivation to deal with you (and to keep maintaining the wikpa.org Wiki) has come to an end.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the site is down. The message says, "Hier entsteht eine neue Internetpräsenz!" Google translate has the meaning as..."Here is a new website!"
    Lightbox and others have done a great job with the wikpa - it would be a real shame to see it go. Hopefully it's just a temporary measure...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Thanks Paul,

we're still trying to find a solution.

When I invented the wiKPA concept I decided to distribute it as a "fanzine" (via a mailing list) for a number of reasons. One was I lack the necessary knowledge for running it as a site.

TBH, when Martin (lightbox) launched wika.org I was in the process of creating a site for the same purpose with other members here. A lot of work and planning had already be made, Martin beat me for a matter of days and used my "logo" for the new site. Those who were members then will certainly remember the discussions going on those days.
    In the spirit of supporting the community and keeping the environment friendly I let him use the name and accepted to transfer the wiKPA contents to the site. I knew he was not going to earn any money from that and he had acted in good spirit.
    Now there are other people who have offered to host and maintain the wiKPA. I agree, Mothership would ideally be in charge for such a service, but things are what they are.
    Let's see what's going to happen now

:)

• Ingolf: Indeed, that would be childish.

Was the content considered public domain ?
    Do we still have the content somewhere ?

I am checking my provider now to see if I could technically host it on my webpage.

Anybody else who could host it ?

• Contents are taken from this and other forums, and also include contributes I wrote expressly for the wiKPA. Math in other people's contribution directly added to wikpa.org of course.

Please PM me in case you plan to run the service :)

• Wow, I had postponed an urgent server maintenance / re-install for almost 3 weeks because of the wikpa.org situation.
    Today I finally pulled the plug and did the important maintenace work (12 hours straight) and you will try to forgive me that wikpa.org wasn't highest priority when I setup my websites again. But for some it was crazy enough to go mental, it seems.

• And to add my "TBH" to the discussion:
    Of course, viabcroce has done a lot of work collecting information for his PDF and to transfer this content to the Wiki.
    But I kind of dislike the impression that I just simply registered a domain name and everything else was viabcroce's (and meambobo's) work. Wow guys, I spent countless hours with this Wiki and it's far from me sitting around drinking Mojito and watching others do the work. Have no clue why this is like it is, maybe because I'm not an expert in marketing my amazing and unrivaled work all over the place. Anyway, it has become a pretty unpleasant ride sadly. Even more since I learned that there's been a "difference" in how other contributors were treated by Kemper and how they've (not) treated me. Won't discuss this publicly but it's not been very nice from my point of view.

Cheers
    Martin

• Thanks Lightbox !

I think this Wiki is great and that's why I felt the content needed to be kept alive if possible. No worries - my 1st thought was that it was due to maintenance - it's all good.

We can close this thead now.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Thanks Lightbox for all your efforts in this. Much appreciated!!! I hope it can continue, it's a great resource!

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• Sad to hear such bitterness reflected in your post, Martin.
    I know how much work went into the wiki and I think Kemper should do something in their best interest to keep it maintained
    Seriously, I hope this can be sorted out and lead to an acceptable and satisfying agreement/constellation for you.

• Hey Martin,
    please believe I've never underestimated your work, nor it was my intention to let such an impression pass to the forum.
    I believe people were just worried that such an important resource might have died: I'd no way see this as a form of attack to you, you should rather be proud of it :)

One more thing: when I started the project I did not expect any reward; and I'd consider wise by anyone considering taking the burden to not expect anything special from this "job" LOL
    For the record, in the last year I received donations summing up to 20 $ and 1 small set of amp profiles.

Last, but not least, I perfectly understand if you do not feel like working on it full-time any longer. After all, your reasons are similar to mine :)

Peace

• Both Lightbox and Viabcroce and others deserve our praise and appreciation for all this hard work

+1

and to all other contributors to this great work!

I still think the best way would be that this Wiki would be hosted by the Kemper company.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de