First profile

• Hi guys!
    So, I'm not really a new user of the forum, but haven't been around much as I didn't own a Kemper and had abandoned the idea of getting one some time ago...until a few days ago.
    Indeed about 10 days ago I saw a friend of mine using it, and the idea started tickling me again, so I looked for some secondhand bargain and...ta daaa, here comes my brand new KPA rack! :)
    So far I had only a few hours to toy with it, here are my experiences:
    On Wednesday I fooled around with the profiles already loaded on the unit. At the beginning I was like "uh, this sounds like shit!" (cab sims were off because I use a guitar speaker, that was not the problem), but I start tweaking the eq and immediately it start sounding nicer, much nicer...in fact, that's one first win: so easy to tweak, in no time I was really getting the best tone. Some profile did not convince me, but those that did really sounded great, extremely realistic, detailed, alive and musical! So first experience awesome.
    Then today I had a short time to try my first profiling session. I profiled my Engl Ironball (only the preamp), and the result is unbelievable! Not to say that it was indistinguishable: there are a few things (sharper attack on low strings for the real amp, boomier overall bass on the kemper) that tipped me off while I was doing blind tests with my gf switching kemper and reference amp at random (nailed them all), but the things is that this difference sound just like differences (and tiny ones, too), not like "flaws". It is still incredibly musical and enjoyable to play. So, second experience, brilliant!
    These first sessions were to decide whether it would stay...you might have guessed that it is staying ;) next months I'll have to study it in a bit more depth and decide if something else is going instead :D

• Good for you, Laimon. I suggest you try profiling the amp multiple times. Am sure you'll be able to nail that tone spot on with a bit of effort!

I will certainly do that, even if only for the fun :D
    In fact the first attempt was already superremarkable, I did extensive refinement (maybe 10 minutes of noodling around, soloing, chords, harmonics, whatever came to mind!) and the only complain I have...well, it's being discussed in another thread and working on the solution, hopefully :)