Guytron profiles available! rare early model

• First, the link:

http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…t-100-rev-b-profiles.html

Guytron GT 100 is one of the most unique tube amps ever built - has seven preamp tubes, two EL84s, and then four EL34s in the 100 watt power section. Basically each channel gets to crank EL84s for real power tube compression and sustain/saturation, then the EL34s make it all louder. More info at my link, Check it out and see what you think.

Pete

• I bought this for the clean sound and man am I happy. Very sweet cleans with zero gain. Even tried the shadow pickup in my Epiphone Les Paul. Nice acoustic sound. Will look at the profiles with gain once I can pull myself away from the clean sound.

• I bought this for the clean sound and man am I happy. Very sweet cleans with zero gain. Even tried the shadow pickup in my Epiphone Les Paul. Nice acoustic sound. Will look at the profiles with gain once I can pull myself away from the clean sound.

I think you're going to be very surprised when you hear the gain tones from A and B - because of the very unique design, there's not a whole lot of amps that can do what this thing does. I know that sounds like hyperbole and marketing bull, but it really is a different amp and has patents. Mine is patent pending it's so early and also doesn't have a serial number, which gives it extra unique mojo. ;)

The only weakness these amps had is that they were so versatile, but you had to share the power amp settings with both channels. So if you dialed it in for a great clean tone, when you channel switched to the dirty channel it wasn't optimal. This wasn't a problem for Kemper profiles, as I changed all the amp settings to get what I wanted out of each profile with the Microphone used. That's a strength people rarely note about the Kemper - if you have a single channel or versatile amp that sounds great at more than one setting, with the Kemper you can capture them all and come back when you want. If it's a real amp, you have to reach over and dial in that new sound. Kinda hard when you're wanting to change tones instantly. ;)

Pete

• Even though I only have 60 profiles on my Kemper, I 'lost' the Guytron profiles among them. I rediscovered them yesterday and now remember why I liked them when I first bought them. I still like the clean sound, but seem to be gravitating more toward the crunch sound. Very good work Pete. Thanks.

• Even though I only have 60 profiles on my Kemper, I 'lost' the Guytron profiles among them. I rediscovered them yesterday and now remember why I liked them when I first bought them. I still like the clean sound, but seem to be gravitating more toward the crunch sound. Very good work Pete. Thanks.

Awesome, thanks and glad you're digging it. It's such a strange/cool amp, I was a little worried if the tone would translate well to the Kemper and it does. I use some of the Guytron sounds live for Steely Dan covers, kinda like Jon Herrington who is playing with Steely Dan and using a real Guytron live :)

Pete