Cab Sim affecting sound on monitor out

• Hi there,

i have a problem that i could not solve yet.

I run the Kemper thru the monitor out (cab sim off) into my tube power amp into my 4x12.
    The main XLR out is going directly to the mixing desk.

It now ofund out that the cab sim is highly affecting the sound that is coming from the monitor out. I love the sound when cab sim is off. But then it is useless for the mixing desk.
    Obviously, when i switch on the cab sim, mixier sound is good, 4x12 sound is not good (monitor out cab sim of is definately enabled)

Anyone has a tip for me how to solve that prob?

Thanks, Sascha

• There is always a certain amount of the profiled cab inside the amp-profile because there is no 100% seperation of amp and cab during the profiling process. So even if you turn off the cab sim, the influence of the cab will be heard a little. You can turn off the cab sim for Monitor Out (check output menu) and leave it on for the Main Outs. Hope that helps.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think you want this:

It is pretty simple:
    - Connect the main out of Kemper to mixing desk
    - Connect the monitor out to your power amp
    - In the amp section (between stomps and post effects) let the cab ON
    - go to the output section (button on the right side of post effects)
    - Set Main Out to "Master Mono" (of course if you go only with one cable to the mixing desk)
    - Set Monitor Out to "Master Mono" (of course if you go mono to your power amp)
    - scroll through the pages of output section with page buttons and find in the upper part of the screen "Monitor Cab Off" and deactivate it – this way you will have the cab sim on main out and no cab sim on your monitor output
    - scroll to the page with volumes in the output section and deactivate the "Main Out Link" and set the volume to eg -20dB, let the other links on – this way on the stage if you want more volume from your guitar cab, you can turn the master and the output to the desk will always be the same (-20dB).