Wah cutting on and off when on CC

• First off sorry, but the search function wanted 4 letters and Wah is only 3. Im having a problem with the wah turning on and off intermittently when Im using my foot controller, Im using a fc-300 in standard mode, with the exp 2 switch set to CC 22 to turn off Stomp X (latch mode), range is set to 0 -127, and CC 1 set to 0 - 127, I have ducking set to 0.0 , but with a real loud note (i mostly notice the input led turning red, im not positive this is the only time but it seems to be), it appears to turn off briefly . im not sure what im missing

• Do you mean the Wha-stomp is turning off automatically when playing a real loud note? Or do you mean the Wha-stomp stays active, but the Wha can't be heard anymore? These are two different things and I'm not sure if I'm getting your post right. Also, what do you mean exactly with a "real loud note" (volume on the KPA or very strong string picking) ?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I use the FC300 as well and never noticed any WAH loss. I have never tried using it after the stack section though, I use it in slot D, before the preamp just like a traditional guitar rig. Try it there and see if it makes a difference, I'll try it today in slot X and see if I can replicate your issue.

• Watch the stomp light. Does it really turn off or is it the case that the Wha can't be heard anymore? Also there are "Wha-modes" (don't know the exact name at the moment) called "Touch, Bypass@Heel" and so on. To what mode is your Wha set? We need more information to help you. "Sounds like it turns off briefly" is not much of a hint to be honest. Please put some more effort in describing your problem.

• ask anything Im happy to give all my specs, it turns off briefly, means that effect ceases for a quick moment, sounds like it shuts off and then reengages, my pedal mode is set to on. Ill try again and at this point I might as well make a video. maybe its a language barrier, or im having trouble putting this to paper. I will also check the stomp light, its 10pm here and i cant check it out but will tomorrow after work. I will also just try the wah mode with the pedal disconnected and get back.

• Hm...strange problem. But again: You need to know if the Wha disables itself (stomp light is off) or if it "only" sounds like the effect is off for a moment while the stomp light is still on. If the Wha turns off and on itself, it is likely a Midi problem. Also, please check the Wha pre-stack (slot A-D) as this is the common way to place the Wha in the signal chain. Try some other Wha modes too and report back. Good luck!

P.S.: Yes, it could be a language barrier as I'm no native speaker. But everything's fine, didn't mean to offend you. :)

• Just a quick video, im not here to blast the kemper, just to see if someone can hear what I hear then I can remove the video. Ive had a few beers but I just strummed some notes to have someone hear this. I just realized I will try this on another preset tomorrow to see if its preset specific. (why didnt i try that earlier) YOu just find a preset that you like and dont want to leave it behind i guess.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw93jDlYOEs&feature=youtu.be

• Had a chance to try putting the Wah after the preamp like you have yours, Results were not good with high gain patches. I noticed major changes in tone without moving the pedal. It was almost like the Wah was catching up to where I put it, sometimes a full second later. I wouldn't use any Wah on the Kemper after the preamp section, it works great in Slots A B C or D.

• It is set to 0.0 (exact middle position) as he wrote in his first post. But Booyah is right: Put the Wha pre stack and I'm sure you're done.

• Thanks for chiming in, Christoph! I just wanted to point out, that Ducking is already set to 0.0 and that it's way more common to put the Wah pre stack. Maybe this is part of a solution, maybe not. But it's definitely worth trying, I think.
    Now as I'm thinking further about the exact middle position of the Ducking parameter, it's also important to point out, that there's a difference between the settings -0.0, <0.0> and +0.0! Only <0.0> is the exact middle position, the two other settings will have an effect on the sound/behaviour of the Wah!