need an advice....atomic reactor 50 w cab or ev zlx 12?

• hello and nice greetings first to all.
    i could get an atomic reactor 50 w cab for the same price as an ev zlx 12 fullrange speaker.
    which one would you suggest me for playing live?

• I've used the Atomic 1x12 Reactor 50 for about 6 years now. Absolutely no regrets. First amp I've ever owned that was consistent in tone night after night. Haven't played live in a few years so I've yet to match it up with the Profiler but I used it extensively with a Line6 Live XT Floor board as well as the HD500 Floorboard.

• I'm very happy with my ZLX12p (I have 2, one of which is used as a vocal monitor for small to medium venues) my band does 200+ shows a year and it sound great and is well powered. They both weigh the same, the only advantage to the Reactor is it's a cab and you could place your Kemper on top, the ZLX top is angled back and I don't put my rack on top of it unless it's up against a wall for support behind it. Not sure about the Reactor's tone but if it's tubes that to me means it probably does some coloring of the sound where as the ZLX is pretty flat.

• I was expecting some coloring with the Reactor but I would have to say that there is very little compared to a solid state power amp. There is a warmth imparted to the tone that is missing when you run the same Guitar processor thru a solid state amp. The Reactor uses an eminence Speaker which was designed to provide an extremely wide frequency reproduction. Not Studio standard mind you but , very wide and Clear.

If you cannot afford ....say the CLR....then you will ot be disappointed with the Reactor.

• The old Atomic Reactor was designed to inflate life to modellers' sounds - at a time when modellers needed it. The profiler doesn't.
    I used to own 2 AR's and they are sure coloring.
    Also they are not the 2nd best thing when you can't afford a CLR.
    It's a complete different amplification line, and inferior IMO from a today's perspective.

• ^ Thanks Ingolf, I still have my Atomic Reactor 50 which I used extensively during my Boss GT10 days. GT10 is long gone and AR 50 has busted tube, I wanted to revive it and use it with KPA however I'm already satisfied with my QSC K12 since I learned to tweak it and KPA to my liking. Your post all the more make me not try this route, I still have my Ethos Classic and maybe, not sure when :), I will use it as dedicated amp for that pedal.