weird RM transfer to Mac

• I loaded RM Beta on my studio mac today,.. no problem with the initial installation; the OS is 10.9.
    I then proceeded to transfer my local library from the PC version of RM over to my mac according to the instructions outlined in the manual. The result was that the rigs and library transferred but the ratings and favorites didn't. Any thoughts?

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I had a problem like this…turns out the author names in both the RM and the KPA have to be the same.

If you have set the RM author already and you answer yes to the question about changing the names, it changes KPA author, not the RM author and consequently wipes out all your favorites….which are tied to the author's name.

Did that to me twice before the help desk put me right!

• Thanks Gizmo.. I'm sure that's my problem too.. they default to "Me" for whatever that is.. and I changed it to my handle.. guess I shouldn't have.. Maybe they could make a note about this in their manual or release notes which would be helpful for future reference..

• But when you change to the older username your favourites are back?
    Am I missing something?

All I know (now) is that if you change the author name on the KPA, your favorites (and ratings I think) disappear as they are tied to the author. The RM can do this to you if you are not careful.

I changed the RM name to be EXACTLY (including caps) the same as my author and went to a back up to get my favorites back on the KPA….didn't actually try and change the KPA author name back to the original one but it would be a good test.

During RM startup, if your names are different on RM and KPA, there should be an option to change either one, and at least warn you what could happen if there's a mismatch.

• All I know (now) is that if you change the author name on the KPA, your favorites (and ratings I think) disappear as they are tied to the author. The RM can do this to you if you are not careful.

I changed the RM name to be EXACTLY (including caps) the same as my author and went to a back up to get my favorites back on the KPA….didn't actually try and change the KPA author name back to the original one but it would be a good test.

Yes, you should have your favs back

During RM startup, if your names are different on RM and KPA, there should be an option to change either one, and at least warn you what could happen if there's a mismatch.

Agreed.

• During RM startup, if your names are different on RM and KPA, there should be an option to change either one, and at least warn you what could happen if there's a mismatch.

there is an alert when you connect a Profiler the first time. it attempts to explains exactly that and offers you to match the name by changing the name in rig manager.
    best, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• there is an alert when you connect a Profiler the first time. it attempts to explains exactly that and offers you to match the name by changing the name in rig manager.
    best, gs

It falls short of a clear understanding for an explanation...

and I put it back to "Me" as the user and I only got a few of my favorites and ratings back, not all of them.. there needs to be a way to migrate fabs and ratings or at minimum, see previous users... so you can revert back and get all of the ratings... maybe a way to consolidate user ratings into a new user.. something.. I gave up.. it just absorbs way too much time..

• Does that mean you changed the user name on your Kemper (more than once?)?

dunno... didn't think so.. thought I only changed it once but who knows? I wonder if the Kemper team knows a way to see how many names there are on a single installation.

• This

KIPR Tag Editor

may help, if you work on a directory and export your tags into an excel file. The editor shows the actual content of the "FavouriteRigOwnerName" tag. ordering your chart by that column could reveal names you used in between that have remained unchanged in certain profiles and have not been transferred "properly" into your current fav flag.

90% of the game is half-mental.