wrist & hand fatigue

• I was exclusively referring to the use as a neurosomatic performance booster.

On a more general note, when evaluating a molecula or a medicine, having verified a given effect is by far not enough for a complete judgement. You also have to know where the active fraction goes after its effect, how long it is retained by the body, what other effects it generates, and last but not least at which cost it is effective at doing the good - if any - it is doing.
    There are litterally millions of moleculas out there, most of which from natural sources. When I evaluate one, I mind the reasons why it's advisable to not use it for a certain goal on a certain patient as much as the reasons why I would use it.

You'll agree that what a molecula does not do and what else does it do are as important questions as what does it actually do. The real problem is that there's always someone who earns money from what a molecula does... And the "positive avertising" is the least scientific and ethic approach we can have when it comes to health, wellness and performance.

Not implying anything related to you of course Ingolf :)

• Gianfranco is again right: there are thousand of natural things out there that you are likely to lose you head on them.

my preferred one is turmeric, which has one of the strongest anti inflammation power in nature. it is an indian spice which really does only good and cannot hurt. so, can be taken at will.

but turmeric, like Ginko, like aspirin, like pain killers are the cure. for players it is crucial to find out the cause, i.e. what is causing what, because, apart very rare cases of metabolism trouble, 99% of the tendonities are cause by mechanical stress.

if the mechanical 'disorder' is controlled and rectified, there won't be no impediment trouble again.

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Not implying anything related to you of course Ingolf :)

No problem. ;)
    I'm a trained and approved (by the local authorities and ethics comittee) trial investigator and I regularly take part in double- blind, multi- national, multi- centered clinical trials according to GCP (good clinical practice) guidelines as a principal investigator.
    I help conduct studies of the phases III (before approval of a medical substance as a medication) and IV (after the approval to gather more and better data).
    What you speak of above (pharmacodynamics of a given substance) is generally done way before phase I (which is the first exposure of a drug to human beings).

I see that I'm getting way off- topic here and I apologize for that. ;)

• Yes, we're definitely off ATM LOL

I find what you do extremely interesting. Wow, what a concentration of talents and expertize on this board! :thumbup:

My previous post was adresses at a different level tho.
    Provided that I can take some coffees for improving a certain performance (concentration, a sport competition...), I have to be aware that I can't use it on a regular basis and pretend it "improves my performance" outside the specific event. So much adrenaline in blood circulation is not certainly healthy on the long run. So I'd not advise to use it for any performance-related goal, even tho it's actually effective in what it does and people have been using it since centuries :)

After discovering the great effects cocaine had on his mind, Freud used to enthusiastically advice about it. He liked to take a tea spoon in a glass of water every morning (the chlorydride form of course), as it helped his concentration and his productivity...

On a more serious and general basis, several times in (recent) history a medicine has officially been put on the shelves and has shown horrible side effects, and this is the other aspect I was referring to (see the notorious http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide for example).

There are world-wide and long-term discussions about a high number of moleculas that, sold and bought in vast arrays on a business basis, are showing worth-investigating side effects (thinking of several vaccines). In some cases, people have probably been killed (yes, like in the spy-movies) in order for Government orders to not be revoked when strong counter-indications were supposed to have place.

Rotten can be anywhere, despite how high stakes (human life) are.

:)

• Yes, adverse events can certainly not being excluded completely, not even serious adverse events.
    The adverse effects of Thalidomide for example were not discovered before approval because the trial population was not heterogenic enough (no pregnant women among them).

As for the safety of approved substances there is nowadays the ongoing obligation for the pharmaceutic industry to gather further data with a more heterogenic population as time goes on.

As for your last paragraph I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.
    You mean to say that a government is responsible for potential disturbing data not being published?
    I can assure you that this is not the case. Quite the contrary IMO. International regulations (re-inforced by governments) warrant for the necessary control of the (in most cases multi-national) pharmaceutic industry.
    The American FDA and the European EMEA are two very important organizations to keep the level of safety as high as possible.

Wow, this is even more O.T., sorry. :)

• No, not official Governments and not officially. But something must have happened in the Middle-East of Europe just a few years ago...
    Furthermore, data privately collected against the lack of dangerous side effects in vaccines have reached a meanigful amount of pages nowadays.
    Better I stop here.

Anyway, thanks for this interesting discussion guys! Really appreciated it

• Ok no problem for this thread going south , that was really interesting :) I'm happy that some of you discovered similar interests and will append to meet IRL ( hopefully not to mary LOL )

Regarding the Ginko Biloba, it should be used 2/3 weeks before a major event where you'll have to perform an exceptional act ( like exams ) and while you're training your instrument & memory. It's not really made for permanent treatment, expect in dementia.

Note to the admins : we need a free place for this king of topics , a KPA cafe subcategory or something like this would be very cool :D

• Agreed let's stop here before it gets too conspirative.
    Hopefully I'm able to improve my Italian AND will get back to Rome again (hopefully soon) so we can discuss this further. ;)

I'd be really glad if this happened my friend! Start thinking of it even if you don't improve your Italian :) I feel extremely limited in discussing some issues in English, make me feel stupid and inadequate... You know, lack of fluidity in transferring elaborated concepts into words... :|

Ok no problem for this thread going south , that was really interesting :) I'm happy that some of you discovered similar interests and will append to meet IRL ( hopefully not to mary LOL )

Note to the admins : we need a free place for this king of topics , a KPA cafe subcategory or something like this would be very cool :D

True :)

I also believe you've got all the currently possible feedback from this board ATM, so we haven't really gone South IMO... I'd rather say we're enlarged the discussion :D

Hope to be able to help you further in the future dude :thumbup:

• I fount that some necks are more comfortable for me that other, and cannot play for more than two hours a day now ( this is why I spend this time recording as much as I can and not much noodling).

I think this is the root of the whole problem, i.e. incorrect posture/positioning. You really need to "concentrate", at least initially, on the best way to play without stressing yourself.

This will allow you to play for more years and I think that is the main thing to worry about. As others said, there are a lot of remedies to try out. See what works for you.

Above all, don't stress yourself playing and if you feel any pain, stop, do something else, come back to the guitar later.

As far as the OT stuff like "Illuminati", haha, they're actually the Aristocrats, trying to blend in and failing miserably ^^

And as far as conspiracy theories, have you heard of the Nazi riddle Hitler was trying to solve?
    "Save your father from the river of fire and put him in his rightful place"

As far as those things go, look at the number of German scientists forced to emigrate to the US after WWII. Look at the stories about "Men In Black" and think about the testing of psychotropic drugs on an unaware population and what they might have seen as aliens and monsters and (shudder) an*l probes. Look at the wikipedia article stating as fact that Michael Jackson was accused of paedophilia only in the 2000s, whereas anyone who was born in the 80s will tell you he went on trial before the release of Dangerous.

We live in a cynical, cynical world! :thumbdown:

• The way I see it is that the world is full of BS. And this is a problem, because each time BS comes up skeptics are reinforced in their beliefs that everything they consider not possible or believable is surely false... Which sadly is not the case.

Plots do exist, see Ustica's airplane, Enrico Mattei's death, PP Pasolini's death, Marco Pantani's death, Gino Girolimoni's story... Sometimes the thruth comes out tens of years later. Movies and novels really have not invented anything.

We should develop a rare and hard ability: suspend our judgement as long as proofs are not available both to confirm or disconfirm theories or claims. The fact that someone lives on spreading plott-ish theories is sadly not enough to dismiss every apaprently incredible story as false, just like the reassurances from the insiders who systematically laugh at whomever cries plot.

I believe that truth has to be discriminated each single time life takes place, despite our need of believing that we've finally foud a key for definitively interpreting it.

• Regarding "the world is full of BS" and very, very OT: I'm a police detective and was working on the streets for 15 years, therefore I had to investigate in thousands of cases. Some of them were worth an article in the press and I always wondered about wtf they were writing. The truth can be stretched a lot...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hello Waraba,

I would like to recommend a book that I have written - it is the result of my over 20 years of experience as a guitar teacher and includes warm-up exercises that are helpful and field-tested. These are mostly created during the lesson, unfortunately there are not a few people who have some very severe problems with the muscles and tendons. Most of the exercises contained herein are intended for training of muscles and tendons and help the hands to gain independence.

Warming up before playing is extremely important - in sports training as usual and important warming up the muscles should be practiced by musicians necessarily before playing to prevent overloading of the hands. Although it is written in German language, the notes and tablature are as the language of music, however, to read in any case for you. It would be glad if it helps you to mitigate your problems something!

The book is available here or here - if you prefer iTunes check it out here

Kind regards and best wishes!

Play it like you mean it.