Crackling Poping / Artifacts / Bad Tone when Switching between Tone Banks Via FCB1010 or KPA Knob

• Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems as me, I am running
    FW version 2.5 and use mostly performance mode because the FCB1010 with UNO mod doesnt
    seem to work right on browse mode at all. Anyways on performance mode when playing and switching
    between different Tones there is a good 2 seconds of snapping/crackling/poping unwanted wavering of tone
    etc. so this pretty makes changing banks live useless unless you have a good 2-3 second pause of guitars
    to change tone banks to not reveal the nasty crackles/pops/snaps ugh...

I have tried many things to narrow it down doesnt appear to be cables/pickups or anything like that appears to
    be the KPA and the way it works switching between tones which is sad pretty sure the AXE FX II can switch between
    tone banks with out all this 2-3 seconds of nasty crackling =/

When jamming i just turn off the cabinet on KPA and let it come through my 4x12 x2 Mesa celestion 30s I am happy with
    alot of the tones KPA has to offer but very unhappy with this tone switching problem.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated and if anyone else is having these kind of problems... and if there are any plans to
    try to fix it?

Thank you,
    VMV

• It doesn't happen here. Have you checked whether it is the same when the pedalboard is not connected?

I'd advise you to open a service ticket on the main site, this doesn't sound good :/

Also, the Behringer not working properly in browser mode is suspect, to say the least

:)

• Sounds a bit like a problem I reported recently. It affects only a few rigs, mostly clean, where there's a few seconds of crackle after switching rigs before it settles down. It doesn't matter which method is used to switch between rigs, or if there's a midi-controller attached or not. Kemper support acknowledged the problem (jul.30) and confirmed they were able to reproduce it with the sample rig I sent with the complaint. The issue is registered as ticket #KA00084252

It doesn't happen here. Have you checked whether it is the same when the pedalboard is not connected?

I'd advise you to open a service ticket on the main site, this doesn't sound good :/

Also, the Behringer not working properly in browser mode is suspect, to say the least

I have tested with out the FCB1010 connected same issues so that proves it has nothing to do with the FCB1010 being at fault.
    It sounds like by the last reply on this post there is already an existing ticket opened about this exact issue.
    The FCB1010 in browser mode works but doesnt select banks properly its strange but that again has nothing to do with this issue.

Sounds like your board is sending more than one command, i.e, PC and
    might be sending a few CC messages that deactivate, activate various FX.
    This is what is responsible for the delay and crackling sounds.

Do a check using a free midi programme like MidiOX to decode what is going on.

Right now I am waiting for my RME FF800 to be sent back to me from the service center as it had to have the board replaced :( thus I am not connecting anything to my PC from the KPA at this time.

Yes It also happens to highly distorted metal rigs / tones. Yes you have the exact same problem I am having! It really sucks to change tone banks and have it sound like absolute garbage for 2-3 seconds before it "settles down" to the new tone/rig ughhhh. Thank you Heldal for posting your reply this REALLY HELPS ME NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME trying to troubleshoot something that is indeed an existing issue with 2.5 FW KPA. I am unable to find the registered ticket # / complaint to monitor progress. Heldal can you please keep me us updated to progress of your ticket by updating this thread? Thank you so much!

• hey Heldal,

I was wondering if there are any updates to your
    ticket you have with KPA regarding the problem we are having with 2-3
    seconds of noise/crackling/poping/snapping/wavery tone when changing
    tone banks.

If there is any way you can keep me in the loop please do I am eager to find a solution this problem.

Thank you,
    VMV

• BUMP!

I'm interested in this thread too.
    I encountered the same issue, but only when running in Performance Mode. Strange loud artifacts appear in the sound, and then just fade away in 1 or 2 seconds maximum, very strange...
    Though, I think I found the cause of the problem: when working with the Cab disengaged and locked (or simply with MonitorCabOff). If the Cab is inactive, when switching between patches the strange artifacts will appear, and the sound will change dramatically until the rig "settles down". With Cab engaged the problem doesn't happen. I conclude with this that the problem must be within the CabDriver.

I didn't expect to have such artifact problems with the KPA given the good piece of hardware it is, I wish this gets fixed really soon.

Edited 3 times, last by kukulkahn ().

I didn't expect to have such artifact problems with the KPA given the
    good piece of hardware it is, I wish this gets fixed really soon.

Same here on this Kukulkahn I hope the Kemper guys are taking this post/thread serious about trying to find a solution to this annoying problem.

• Generally speaking, this board is not meant for customer care, even tho Kemper people often chime in.
    I'd strongly advice anyone needing feedback from Mothership to open a ticket from their site!

• Ever since upgrading, my KPA boots with about 5 seconds of crackle, pop, and snap. Like a dirty contact when plugging in a guitar.

But it happens every time I turn on the KPA even without a guitar plugged in, I currently am using a Dirty Shirley profile.

Also the noise is identical every time I start up. Almost like it is a recorded sound being played every time I boot.

Is this related to the problem?

• Hey HP, are you saying that your Profiler always boots up loading the same rig? What if you leave it on a different profile, pr if you switch Autoload off?

• I was wondering if there are any updates to your
    ticket you have with KPA regarding the problem we are having with 2-3
    seconds of noise/crackling/poping/snapping/wavery tone when changing
    tone banks.

I have not yet received any further information from Kemper support about this issue.

• Hey HP, are you saying that your Profiler always boots up loading the same rig? What if you leave it on a different profile, pr if you switch Autoload off?

Sorry, I didn't post sooner.

I de-graded the OS to 2.4 and then re-applied the 2.5 update.

This fixed everything. Apparently I had a corrupted OS installed.