Update: Slow respons expression pedals FCB1010

• Hi guys,

Tonight I discovered a problem with both of my expression pedals on my FCB1010/Uno4Kemper.
    For some reason I didn't use my pedals a while but for the rehearsal tomorrow I just got my rack in working orde….. well, except for the pedals..
    The pedal-repons is very slow. The volume acts like a swell effect and the way is also very sluggish.
    I run the latest firmware on the Kemper.

Any idea's?

Thnx,
    Pentafox

Edited once, last by Pentafox: Problem solved ().

• I don't have any GOOD ideas, but I have some ideas.

First, make sure your FCB1010 firmware chip is securely and properly inserted into its socket.

Next, make a backup of your entire kemper, then ask someone who knows more than I do how to restore the Kemper to its factory default. Once you have done that, see if you still have the problem.

I use this setup (as many others do) and I have very little delay in rig changes.

• He's talking about the expression pedals, not the stomps. I had the same issue when I first got my FCB because the pedals on it are so cheap.

If you have the newest version of the U4K, there's a setting for the pedals' "curve" you can try playing with. If not, you're left with either:

- Find someone who can rewire the FCB to use external pedals and then buy something good. I did this, and it's awesome.
    - The FCB1010 group on Yahoo has some replacements for the optical curve inside the pedals that you can print-out on transparent plastic and put into the pedals to make them work better. This involves taking the FCB apart, so if you aren't handy I'd find someone who can do it for you.

• UPDATE:
    Well the problem is solved; I reseted the FCB1010 several times and updated the Kemper to the latest firmware and voila…back in business.
    Maybe I will do the replacement of the transparent plastic anyway! Thnx for the tip!