MW RokPak - Profiles for Kemper Profiling Amplifiers

• Since it's a tasteless subject, I suppose the Limerick is the appropriate form of art to voice ones angst:

There once was a guy in Las Vegas
    Who called other people an anus
    He got mad, you see
    Pressed “ignore”, like me
    I only see posts now that shame his

Sorry, that's all I got at the moment...

• Among those who have purchased the pack: Does anyone like the traditional blues or rock? Using a backing, playing a "solo" ........

I want to hear what they sound like the Marshall (or similar), not playing chords.

Can anyone make some sound samples in this style?

Thank you!

• Among those who have purchased the pack: Does anyone like the traditional blues or rock? Using a backing, playing a "solo" ........

I want to hear what they sound like the Marshall (or similar), not playing chords.

Can anyone make some sound samples in this style?

Thank you!

There are many great profiles for blues and rock, actually much more than metal-ones. Many brilliant crunch and low-gain profiles, not so many clean ones. Unfortunately I'm to busy to record samples right now,.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• There are many great profiles for blues and rock, actually much more than metal-ones. Many brilliant crunch and low-gain profiles, not so many clean ones. Unfortunately I'm to busy to record samples right now,.

Thank you!
    When you have some time, I will thank you to make a sound sample.

Blues+marshall+LP or 335................. the Olympus !

From already, thank you very much !!!

Daniel.

• I'm going to look into this pack at some point in the near future. Even though the price is higher, the amount of work that went into it (and for that matter, anyone who takes the time to create great profiles) is worth looking at. Also, consider the source.....how often are you able to get something like this that is the same or similar to what we have heard on records!

Pretty fantastic time to be a guitar or bass player! One could have only dreamt of this in the past!

• I got the first Pak and have been playing with my LP on them, over Headphones, out FRFR monitors and through a guitar 2x12 Cabinet.

I have most of Andy's stuff and a respectable amount from most other profilers and I can safely say that Andy hasn't been replaced! ;)

Put into perspective, Michael Wagoner is top notch along with Andy. These are not better, nor worse. This offering has it's own sonic niche and it's a breath of fresh air that adds another tool in the sound shed for me and a great addition to the pantheon of existing professional profiles.

Being famous for his work in Metal, this pack is solidly Classic Rock in character, but not in a way covered by providers up to now.

It's clear that what is different here is Mr. MW's ear in how he sets up profiles. He has created a sound palette that has no competition, so it neither replaces nor has a beef with earlier profilers. I didn't even know this was possible, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn.

If I only had this pack, knowing what I know now, it would not be enough. Not because this pack lacks anything. But that there are sonically different profiles out there that complement the sound engineering done here. I can easily see using them all to layer guitar parts that don't collide. That's why this is an awesome addition, and not a replacement, as there is so much variety available now for the KPA.

This pack has some great CRUNCH, which I thoroughly wanted, but what I didn't expect was the CLEANs to be so "WOW". Up to now my favorite clean has been the free exchange's VOX AC15 Hand-wired. That existed as the only one in it's class for CLEAN up to now where MW's Pak has added another 5 all at once! So happy to have these.

So, Thank You MW for doing something original and for adding very usable profiles to the available collection. Andy and Armin put some early legs on the success of this Lunch Box, and now MW is giving a much needed booster rocket for what looked like diminishing returns. Who knew there was more sonic territory to explore? MW did!

• Hey db, can't remember whether you've bought Britt's pack as well.
    I've not tried them, but many among the buyers stated that it would replace their current set of rigs...

... Curious about your impression after reading your last post here :)

• Not a fan. Kept about 15 of the 60, but nothing rising to my Favourites folder.

I know it's a popular pack, and many of the profiles are clearly quality, so I have no beef with the sound engineering. But their character isn't gutsy enough for me. I'm not a fan of pop Country today (I like old Country, grew up on Hee Haw in the 70's, so I like Bakersville Country, Roy Clark, Willie Nelson, etc) so that could be why.

Different strokes for different folks, right?

I confess to being confused about "replacing" all the previous profiles though. For example, I'm a big fan of Beano, and the Bluesbreaker pack gives me that exact sound. So why would I replace that? I wonder if some folks just don't have the good ones to be making that assertion? Or they're not fans of British Rock or Texas Blues Rock? Who knows.

All I know, is that on THIS thread, I've become a Big Fan of Michael Wagener's profiling work.

And if MW is the whopping "Game of Thrones", I'm STILL not going to take my Andy's "Lord of the Rings" off the shelf, right?

• Not a fan. Kept about 15 of the 60, but nothing rising to my Favourites folder.

As you can read I was lynched in the MBritt-thread, just because I'm not a fan of the pack, too. So be careful.... :wacko:

Maybe there's a lot af hype going on in the MBritt-thread, because the guy is the guitar-player of a US-famous country-band, I don't know. However, the MW-pak is like many profiles from Armin and Andy much better, at least for my taste.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You got lynched because you acted like an idiot in THAT thread, and were called out for doing so.....This isn't a competition, I'm not really sure why everyone is making it out to be one. I stated some of the MB profiles replaced my go to live rigs for a number of reasons, and after hearing my sound at the FOH, it was more than obvious for ME and MY band and MY project it was the right choice., For what its worth I have a TON of andys, armin, and the MW pack as well, not a matter of popularity or "fame" or whatever....One could easily argue that about MW as well, so I'm not really sure why you are throwing stones at people being " fanboys" of the MB pack...let it go dude.

• You got lynched because you acted like an idiot in THAT thread, and were called out for doing so.....

Another nasty post.... doesn't seem to stop here... Calm down VESmedic and stop bashing this thread: having a different opinion does neither start any kind of competiton, nor it's a sign of being an idiot.... You need to become more friendly and your way of insulting forum-members is not tolerable.