Line 6 StageSource Speaker systems for FRFR?

• Has anyone used the Line 6 StageSource Speaker systems as a FRFR solution for their Kemper Rigs? I'm interested to know what they thought and, f possible, any comparisions to known and proven FRFR rigs such as the CLR, Matrix, DXR12 etc.

• Hello to all,

I am giving a bump out to this thread. Hoping to get some feedback from Line 6 L3 or L2 users with the Kemper and perhaps finding someone willing to put up a clip or two of the two working together.

Is there anyone out there with a Line 6 L3/L2 or can get their hands on one to make a comparison video with the other top contenders out there.

Thanks again!
    Cheers

• Hi there, I use an L3T and am very satisfied. It produces very good sound direct out of my KPA fitting well for my needs.
    The Fan can be a little anoing, if you are to close to the Speaker at breaks but it is not really loud during music.

I suggest to take some time and visit a large Music Store and make your own comparison because its your ears

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Hi there, I use an L3T and am very satisfied. It produces very good sound direct out of my KPA fitting well for my needs.
    The Fan can be a little anoing, if you are to close to the Speaker at breaks but it is not really loud during music.

I suggest to take some time and visit a large Music Store and make your own comparison because its your ears

That is really helpful information thanks! I was wondering about the fan noise and had found nothing mentioned about the Line 6 Soundsource speakers fans. I guess this is common of most powered speakers, unless they have huge heat sinks. So does the fan run constantly?

I will have to play around with different options. I really am leaning towards these because of the 110v-220v capabilities since I am not sure if I will be in Europe or the States a few years from now. Did you try a lot of different speakers? What brought you to go with the Line 6 over the CLR for instance?

Thanks again! Great to have some input. :thumbup:

• The other guitarist in our band uses them - I am using CLR neo's.....they compare favorably IMO

Thanks JJ, I appreciate hearing that. How do you perceive the fan noise issue? One of the really great things about the Atomic CLR's is that there is no cooling fan.

• The fan on the L3t is just working under workload (and then the Music overrules the fan noise)
    In breaks without music it runs some seconds to cool down the system (shouldn't be an issue on the stage)

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• I use the Line6 L2T and love the sound, the fan is minimal and nothing I notice.

Thanks Drog, Great to hear from another Line 6 user. If you are in lower volume settings (bedroom volume) how noticeable is the fan? Did you try out a bunch of different FRFR's before going with the Line 6? If you don't mind me asking...What was your main reason for choosing it over others and would you still go the same route today?

The fan on the L3t is just working under workload (and then the Music overrules the fan noise)
    In breaks without music it runs some seconds to cool down the system (shouldn't be an issue on the stage)

The fan on the L3t is just working under workload (and then the Music overrules the fan noise)

Thanks McRalfix! Have you noticed the fan at lower work levels or is it more when the amp is being pushed?

Cheers
    :thumbup:

• It basically came down to sound, it sounds fantastic. The first runs of this speaker had some issues with the fans making noise, but the version I have has the new design fan and I don't even notice it. Its quiet at bedroom levels.

I looked at some Mackie, EV and Yorkville speakers, but choose this based on sound and the look of it.
    My second choice would have been the Yorkville Paraline PSA1. They are very nice too.

My setup is still new (couple of months) but no issues and I am happy with it.

• Interesting about the Yorkville Paraline. I've heard them used for the PA/ Front end but due to the Line Array / Point source design, never considered then for FRFR use.

Edited once, last by Jeffsco ().

• Thanks JJ, I appreciate hearing that. How do you perceive the fan noise issue? One of the really great things about the Atomic CLR's is that there is no cooling fan.

We use them onstage and I have never noticed the fan noise......wasn't even aware they had fans for that matter. Stage volume is fairly loud though.

• It basically came down to sound, it sounds fantastic. The first runs of this speaker had some issues with the fans making noise, but the version I have has the new design fan and I don't even notice it. Its quiet at bedroom levels.

I looked at some Mackie, EV and Yorkville speakers, but choose this based on sound and the look of it.
    My second choice would have been the Yorkville Paraline PSA1. They are very nice too.

That is really crucial info! Thanks drog!! So is there a noticeable visual difference in the older (loud fan version) and newer version or is it something that has to be asked of the sales rep to be sure that they are not old stock?? Any idea when the newer version was released?

I had not even heard of the Yorkville in reference to guitar profilers. They have 4x 6" speakers and compression drivers. How is the bass response? Snappy but there?

Ha fair enough thanks jj!

Thanks very much for this info! I have the Line 6 as one of the units I will try out with Kemper Rack. I was really considering the Mackie HD1221 and the Yamaha DSR112 as well

• I've been using my KPA with an L2t and an L2m for about a year and have recently added an L3s. Never ever noticed a fan noise from any of them and the sound is fantastic. See this other thread for further info

Are Somebody Use Line6 Stage Source L2T Frfr Speakers With Kpa?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Ricky. My Kemper just arrived today and although it sounds nice through headphones I am psyched to hear it through some FRFR's!

Do you hear a big difference between the L2 and L3?

Cheers!