Can I do this?...

• I've got a powered Kemper rack coming in tomorrow and was wondering about this possible scenario. (please forgive me if it's been asked before, I didn't see a thread exactly like this)

Can I take two of the same 4x12 cabs loaded with the same speakers, and profile a tube amp off of one cab, and play the Kemper back through the other and turn the cab simulation off and achieve a similar sound as the original?
    I planned on using an A/B switch to switch between the powered Kemper and the original amp at similar volumes to tweak the profile to perfection. I may also try to profile direct using a Redbox or Behringer DI. Has anyone profiled an amp using the raw unfiltered output of an amp? Like say I took the Behringer and turned the cab sim off so that it was full fidelity and not filtered.

Thanks for any help. I can't wait for tomorrow.

• Hey Joseph, welcome here :)

If I got you right you want to profile an amp w/o cab (DI) and then use the profile with the real cab? If this is the case, keep cabs on when using the real cab.
    OTOH, if you profile the complete rig then switch cab off with the real cab.

HTH

• You can do this. Experimentation will tell you if the clean DI is the way to go, rather than profiling the whole rig. Me, I even like the sound of Fender profiles through my Marshall cab with cab sims off, so don't worry too much about it. Don't get caught up in chasing the exact tone of the amp you're profiling (even though it isn't really that hard to get almost perfect results), take the time to objectively hear the tone coming through from the KPA; even though it may be slightly different, it may also be killer! In relation, there are thousands of great tones to be had, direct to PA, through a guitar cab or through FRFR. Whether one, the other or the third is right for you is up to your personal preference. They're all usable and equally great, given the time to tweak for the specific medium and location. Happy tone hunting!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Don't get caught up in chasing the exact tone of the amp you're profiling (even though it isn't really that hard to get almost perfect results), take the time to objectively hear the tone coming through from the KPA; even though it may be slightly different, it may also be killer!

This! :thumbup: