How do I set my wah up ? - boss gt10

• So ..
    I'm trying to figure out what cc data to put into play here..
    I want to use the volume pedal of the boss gt 10 then click down to engage the expression pedal (1) to use the wah in the Kemper ..
    How is this implemented? I've tried experiments but cannot get the pedal to let go of the volume cc data and hand off to the wah.
    I've got the wah in stomp one saved and ready ...
    I also would like any tips on how to set Ctl 1 to turn on and off stomp 1 ctl2 the same ..

Gracious thanks for good tips

Please don't waste my time if you don't know - luv ya

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• Would love to know it as well, got GT-10 and Pod Hd 500, Pod HD is more or less usable as midi interface, not much luck with GT 10 by the looks of it

• I think that you could set the expression pedal and the switch on a patch by patch basis. You could set the expression pedal to send wah CC messages on one preset and volume CC's on all others. Not a perfect solution but at least you'll have a wah. Granted I haven't owned a GT10 in years so my memory may not be right. Maybe consider buying a 2nd expression pedal, I have 4 now and can't seem to stop adding them. Any Expression Pedal Anonymous sites out there?

• Hi there please could you let me know if you get an answer on this. My GT10 switches patches and the volume works fine as a volume pedal. When I try to assign pedals they only switch on but not back again. Trying to avoid taking an actual wah but think this is the only way forward.

• This is potentially good news for me! Sorry to derail your thread, but it is related.
    I have a GT-10, are you saying that I can use it as a patch changer for the KPA until the elusive KFC comes out? How are they connected?

• Take a look at page 79 of the GT-10 user manual. I used to have a GT-10 and it does midi out, it isn't very flexible, but it should work. You need a standard 5pin midi cable connected from the midi out on the GT-10 to the midi in on the Kemper. Then you need to assign your rigs in the Kemper to correspond with the midi program change message the GT-10 sends when you press switch 1-4. Setup the GT-10 to send those numbers corresponding to the rig and/or stomps/effects you want to turn on/off. The GT-10 has 4 switches for patch changes, a bank up and bank down switch as well as 2 control switches and a foot pedal with a toe switch. You can choose (from the menu on the GT-10) which midi commands to have each control pedal send. The 4 numbered switches send program change messages to switch rigs, then the control switches could turn off a stomp or effect within the rig. The footswitch on the pedal could be assigned to switch from a wah to a volume pedal. Hopefully this helps and it wasn't just a bunch of info you already knew!