In the process of upgrading to W7

• I'll be finally able to install RM LOL
    Before doing this, there's something I'd need to know tho :)

Internet-wise, my computers are always as armoured as possible through gateways, firewalls, traffic checks. Because of this, sometimes connecting with certain sites or reaching for certain remote services doesn't work because the remote source requires some protocol to be activated, some cookies to be accepted and the like, but doesn't tell. A typical (although slightly OT in this case) example would be when a site is accessed through other sites, and allowing cookies for the main domain only continues generating errors which are not always properly trapped and explained.

What I'd like to know before installing RM would be:

• where to/from is the traffic generated when RM goes onto the Net?
    • Do RM and the RE's remote database need to stay connected or share some information besides the direct downloading (/uploading?) of profiles I explicitly start?
    • Is there any check the site has to operate on my RM that would be at risk of failing if I keep some ports closed, or if I only open them when I download/upload something?

Would be great if someone from Mothership chimed in on the matter.
    Thanks!
    :)

• where to/from is the traffic generated when RM goes onto the Net?
    Do RM and the RE's remote database need to stay connected or share some information besides the direct downloading (/uploading?) of profiles I explicitly start?
    Is there any check the site has to operate on my RM that would be at risk of failing if I keep some ports closed, or if I only open them when I download/upload something?

rig manager connects with the kemperamps website and uses HTTP requests.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks GString, I usually allow for opening my Firewall checkpoints on a per-operation basis.
    I do not allow any app, service, site to do things I can't see or check :)

Thanks to those who took part here! Pretty sure 7 is a valid version, and superior to XP in many respects :thumbup:

Peto: nice graphics! :D I'd also remember NT and 2000 (the most solid version I used, with a vast array of services and tweakability at Admin level): the most "professional" things MS published IMO.
    :)