Strymon gear

• Do you guys like Strymon's stuff?
    I absolutely love their pedals, I have currently 7 of them (Timeline, Mobius, Ola, Orbit, Lex, El Cap, BlueSky) and had one more but sold it when I got my Kemper (Ob1, I'd say compressors in the KPA are more than enough).
    Now they're releasing a new one, Deco: http://www.strymon.net/deco/
    which looks like some kind of multitrack tape emulation, through which you could achieve some short slapback delay, and flanging and chorus effect.
    I have already enough of those, so I can't say that I am particularly drawn to this this time...but they do simply phenomenal products, IMO.
    Hope they make a freaking all-in-one multi-fx some day soon, or at least that Christoph finds a way to profile effects :P

• I love Strymon's gear. My Kemper rig will be running with a board carrying a Mobius, Timeline and a Bigsky, I have another board with an El Capistan on it which is such a great pedal!
    Cheers Laimon!

• I love Strymon's gear. My Kemper rig will be running with a board carrying a Mobius, Timeline and a Bigsky, I have another board with an El Capistan on it which is such a great pedal!
    Cheers Laimon!

Eheh, actually your nickname is quite self-explanatory :D
    Now, don't kill me, but I might some time in the future ditch the El Cap...just because I don't find it so far better sounding than the timeline, whereas I find the chorus and flanger algorithms in the Mobius quite inferior to Ola and Orbit...so those two are definitely staying ;)

• Eheh, actually your nickname is quite self-explanatory :D
    Now, don't kill me, but I might some time in the future ditch the El Cap...just because I don't find it so far better sounding than the timeline, whereas I find the chorus and flanger algorithms in the Mobius quite inferior to Ola and Orbit...so those two are definitely staying ;)

We all have our favorites. I really like the El Capistan for what it does. I think its tape simulations are a bit richer than the Timeline but I have them on different boards as well. I have the El Cap on a board with a Eventide Time Factor, Catalinbread Echo Rec, Drasp modded Line 6 DL4, and a Boss RE-20. Yes I love my delays! :rolleyes:

I went with the Mobius over the Ola and Orbit as the new board is running midi for both programs and tempo. I still have a Drybell Vibe Machine going on the board so I have some back up for the Mobius. All the Strymon stuff is just incredible.

• I have a Timeline which I use only in studio, I like to keep my live rig as simple as possible so nothing in the loop and nothing in front apart from my Fulltone Wah.

BTW the Timeline is a great device, very inspiring! :)

• I had both the Timeline and the Mobius before I got the Kemper and decided to get rid of them. They're great pedals, but the Kemper gives me anything I'd like and the plan is to eventually get a 2290 anyway.

• I had both the Timeline and the Mobius before I got the Kemper and decided to get rid of them. They're great pedals, but the Kemper gives me anything I'd like and the plan is to eventually get a 2290 anyway.

What about the Strymon's tape-delay, reverse-delay, Warble, Auto-Wah ect.? Either the KPA doesn't have it or the quality isn't as good. I think the Strymon's generally are better, but for many occasions the KPA offers all you need, that's true.

For sure the TC 2290 is an effect-monster with state-of-the-art-quality, is it still available?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I ve got the timeline... Very expensible and not quality studio : nothing after 12khz! You lose a lot of dynamique with the looper and there is à kind of filter with the digital delay. The ice delay was better with the last firmware....

Warlus, where do you take this "nothing after 12khz" from?
    The Timeline is known to be dedicated to darker delays than others (e.g. TC electronics) but still that statement would need some argumentation, right?

• Strange posts here....

The Strymons are great pedals and different from the KPA-effects, for sure the the 2290 is something else and not comparable. Years ago it has been "the" studio effect-machine, the Strymons have a different approach. I especially like the low-fi effects like the Timeline Tape-Delay or the Mobius "Warble".

The Strymons are great tools for guitar-players who like analog and unusual effects. If somebody is looking for high-end studio-effects with a lot more "after 12 KHz" he should buy something different.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• What a constructive post....

Thanks, your post is good too...

Warlus, where do you take this "nothing after 12khz" from?

The Timeline is known to be dedicated to darker delays than others (e.g. TC electronics) but still that statement would need some argumentation, right?

here, my tests....
    a electric guitar stop in 10khz but with a disto, you can go until 18khz...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fk2b9nh9twsby/Timeline_1.43
    in the digital.wav, it's a loop (repeat/mix 100% without mod, smear or other things) the sound change...
    in loop.wav, it's a disto sound (without cab)

when i send this to strymon ingeneer (Rick and after Hugo) with a list of 20 things to upgrade in this pedal... the answear was : "We ran some tests and at 10K the looper does roll off about 3dB of the signal. Unfortunately, this is a result of how the DSP and looper works in the TimeLine but we have noted this and hopefully this is soothing wecan improve upon in the future.".. one year old...

When you see my picture it not 3db..., i have make a new test with a new timeline and it was the same...
    So the 24/96 dsp from the strymon is like a F1 with only 2 gears...for me.

no boost, no mod, no smear cable klotz lagrange in this test