Anyone here using a Kemper with an Axe-FX II?

• Hi; Axe-FX user here. I've been thinking of getting a Kemper (primarily for amp sounds). I don't want to lose the flexibility of the Fractal, and until the Kemper proves itself equally capable on the FX front, I would probably want to continue using the Fractal for FX. I wonder whether there are any Kemper users here who also use both. How do you hook up and route the units, and have you found that the Axe was worth hanging onto? My cab is an Atomic CLR FRFR. I am principally interested in live performance setups but I also do some home recording.

Thanks.

• You might try the search feature both here and at the FAS site as this comes up from time to time. Someone recently had a fairly detailed post on their setup complete with photos. On my phone right now else I'd try find it for you.

• Hi; Axe-FX user here. I've been thinking of getting a Kemper (primarily for amp sounds). I don't want to lose the flexibility of the Fractal, and until the Kemper proves itself equally capable on the FX front, I would probably want to continue using the Fractal for FX. I wonder whether there are any Kemper users here who also use both. How do you hook up and route the units, and have you found that the Axe was worth hanging onto? My cab is an Atomic CLR FRFR. I am principally interested in live performance setups but I also do some home recording.

Thanks.

I use both, but not together. I just like having a wide choice of tones and routing options in the studio.

• Thanks. I did try a search but no results came up.

Yeah the search here is kinda hit or miss for me too. I am pretty certain they posted this here as well but here is his thread on the FAS site http://forum.fractalaudi o.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/90422-axe-fx-ii-kemper-together-kemper-axe-fx-ii-fxloop-ultimate-tone-r.html Wade through to post 32 where he breaks it all down. Too much for me personally - I have an a/b switch which routes the signal to Kemper or Axe and then have a patch with just an FX block (plus effects) when I just want the Kemper or click over to B for just the Axe.

Edited 2 times, last by SwAn1 ().

Thanks.

As a long time Axe fx user, first ultra and now axe fx 2 fw16, I still like to use some of the many effects in the Axe fx even after discovering the kemper that covers most effects i'd ever use. Amps and cab sound and feel like my real amps is most important to me so I use the kemper for that, effects are kinda secondary.
    I think the effects in the kemper and axe fx are excellent and I do prefer some of the effects in the kemper, like the wah, compressor, noisegate, pitch, transpose, space reverb, rotary. Also some of the kempers unique effects like formant and pure tuning are outstanding. I like the many drives stomps and reverb & delay types in the axe fx, although I always prefer real drive stomps and plugins for that. My pedal board and hardware stuff isn't going anywhere since no digital box can contain all goodness available.

The kemper and axe can work excellent together, although most I know and most who post here already have sold their axe fx after comparing them since the amp and cab sound and feel true to the source comes first for most. Being able to use profiling to capture the sound and feel from the original amp rig is to me a very big step in the right direction compared to amp modeling and static IR. That's also a big reason why so many bands, studios and producers are using it now, having their amp rigs saved and ready to use.

A video using both kemper and axe fx found on youtube. This is the Leroy Miller NoManBand using the Kemper for guitar and cab and Axe for loop. He previously used only the axe fx. First a setup walk through then the song starts at 11 min.

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Edited 3 times, last by orko ().

• i have both and have done tours using the kemper for its amp and the axe-fx for its effects. i put the kemper in the effects loop of the axe-fx and put the fx loop after mono fx and before stereo fx like delay and reverb. it worked pretty well but in the end i felt that somehow it lost something compared with going straight into the kemper (in terms of the amp sounds) its also a lot to lug around. now i go back and forth between the two, wishing the axe-fx had better and easier clean amps and wishing the kemper had better routing possibilities...

KR

• i have both and have done tours using the kemper for its amp and the axe-fx for its effects. i put the kemper in the effects loop of the axe-fx and put the fx loop after mono fx and before stereo fx like delay and reverb. it worked pretty well but in the end i felt that somehow it lost something compared with going straight into the kemper (in terms of the amp sounds) its also a lot to lug around. now i go back and forth between the two, wishing the axe-fx had better and easier clean amps and wishing the kemper had better routing possibilities...

KR

I find the amps in Axe Fx firmware 16 the best to date. Check out Yeks presets of amps and select cab irs for even more realism.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…0-amp-models-reamped.html :thumbup:

I find the amps in Axe Fx firmware 16 the best to date. Check out Yeks presets of amps and select cab irs for even more realism.

Yes, but not sure that is as good as the Kemper.
    I have not heard a lot of recording from axe-fx II FW 16 that sounded great (with clean and crunsh).

Maybe those of Mr Brett Kingmann (not sure it was the FW16).
    But that's all.

http://www.g66.eu/fr/news/axe-fx-videos-of-the-week

-------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for my bad English. :whistling: