Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please

• £100+ for that SKB case!!! Why...?! My shallow 6U was only £50 !!!

What's the difference between those SKB X cases and others then?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• It´s SKB... :whistling:

The price is a heavy thing compared to other racks, but the advantages (at least i would call them so) are worth a bit more.

I was under the impression there wasn't much differentiation (and there isn't much room to differentiate a rack case: ie. protection + size & weight + handles + locks?!) between rack cases like Gator/SKB/Proel etc. aside from little differences, such as zips in the lids (Proel)...

Perhaps you could enlighten me to these advantages? :)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Just to clarify, i totally agree with you that the SKB is a bit too expensive.

But as said before, there are some differences to other racks that justified the purchase for me.
    For example:
    - i don´t like the latches on the Gator cases.
    - i don´t like the handle on the boshma one.
    - the Gator was too deep for my taste.
    - i was totally satisfied with my former SKB
    - i heard some bad things about the cheap brands

which made ME choose the SKB.

To be honest, i haven´t heard of the Proel before, these seem to be very solid made and the bag in the lids is very useful. But for me it´s the same with the latches that are set on the sides and the rubber feet seem to be the same that i had on my first rack, and they fell off after a short time :(

• Well I can see why you'd be against them then -- if parts fell off!! Haha...

Are the SKB latches and feet generally more robust then? (I'd much rather spend out for the decent product if there is justification...!) One thing I don't like about the Proel is the feet are on both sides but none on the bottom where I would want them...!

Then again, if I go Proel again I may be able to stack it on top of my 6U as they tesselate - don't know when this might come in handy - but you never know...!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• For me its the known durability that i had with the last rack and some guitar cases. The latches are advertised as military-grade quality. If that justifies a higher price depends on what you are willing to pay.
    The rubber feet on the SKB rack i have are still on their place. The longer rubber feet on the Proel for example could slide of the rivet, because the material can deform relatively easy. The longer the rubber feet, the easier this can happen. This is just from the experience with my first rack (which was not a Proel so the feet could be a bit better).
    The main problem with that construction is still the same for me.
    The SKB feet are very short and therefore provide less contact surface to push against. I hope you get what i mean. And they are only on one of the long sides. On the short sides (for standing upright) there are just some "plastic-noses" as little feet. Normally i just let it stand on them if i have to open a door and grab my key, so for me it doesnt have to be a rubber part.

I saw some cheap cases and never liked them that much. At Musikmesse was the first time i could touch the new Roto Molded Shallow series and i liked it from the start. Of course the price is much higher than the competitors, but for me it was the whole package that justified it for me.

Another reason i would prefer the SKB ones is the re-sale value. You can easily sell the rack if you don´t need it anymore and still get a good price. (money is still lost, no question on that...)

If the latches are put somewhere on the outside where something could hit them it´s a potential risk of damaging them in my eyes (Gator, Proel). Normally nothing would happen if a lid was falling off, but you never know... If i want a lid closed it should stay closed.

The massive handle on the Boschma units is also something i would hate. But these are more things that i personally dislike. The cube-like form of the SKB is very practical in my eyes.

Hope that helps somehow.

• My Proel has feet on the bottom and the side. It's only the shallow 3U, though (fits my Power Rack perfectly)

Can't seem to find a Proel Force Shallow 3U - where did you acquire it from? and what was the cost? Cheers

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Looking at the 6U shallow SKB Roto Moulded - it doesn't look like the catches are lockable...!!! (Which is major downfall in my case criteria...!) Is that the case... ?

Also, because of the recessed handles it looks like there may be room at the sides for further use of space....(which is an advantage)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Looking at the 6U shallow SKB Roto Moulded - it doesn't look like the catches are lockable...!!! (Which is major downfall in my case criteria...!) Is that the case... ?

Also, because of the recessed handles it looks like there may be room at the sides for further use of space....(which is an advantage)

There re isn't much space on the sides, and the latches are indeed not lockable. No padlock/ zip tie tabs

• Is that a tablet running in conjunction with the Kemper? and, if so, do you know if the iPad can be used with it?!

whats that auto-tuner like on the Gibson ? can you do drop turnings and back up,to standard tuning without breakages/ruining the intonation or neck?!

Hey again man, what size is that flightcase? Cheers

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Hi, there's a new love in town!!!
    Just connected my new Petrucci JP 6 BFR to my kpa. I can't discribe how the piezzo sounds, it blows me away. Just loaded a Fender rig and it works. The RCF System in combination with this guitar is a dream. More than happy with this stuff
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MuoXDP9.jpg?1]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RoIqkxS.jpg?1]

Between this and your existing collection, you're quickly becoming one of my gear heroes.

Tasteful collection.

Happy Kemper

• Can't seem to find a Proel Force Shallow 3U - where did you acquire it from? and what was the cost? Cheers

If I recall correctly it cost about £120. I got it on order from the local music store here in Cph, 4Sound. Funnily enough, I can't seem to find it online either :S

EDIT : it looks like it's this one.

Edited once, last by sambrox ().

• I'm looking for something with lids...so has to be a rack unit... And with the space for a wireless and PowerDistroUnit ideally (but whilst remaining SHALLOW and as small & light as possible - want to keep it as portable as possible...)

The one above (3DogNate's) looks pretty ideal, is it possible to get a side-on view with perhaps something in the background for size-reference?!

Also, are the cables hard-wired to the blank panel ? or is it kemper rear > leads to connectors > connectors to other connectors attached to blank panel (if you get what I mean...?!)

I would like to know more about the actual wiring as well. (last sentence in nEVH5150 ´s post)
    @3DogNate Can you give some more details about how you have done it? Many thanks.

• That's better... the Thomsen's not connected, but the thing at the front is a Matrix FR212...
    The guitar's a Mastercaster. Played up until a few months ago by Matthias Jabs of the Scorpions... :thumbup: Sweet little thing to play...

BTW I know the guitar needs cleaning - this is an old photo...

I love dirty guitars... ;) your Mastercaster is very nice.